Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Tuesday Notes from Hammond: Pelfrey Pranks and Impending Roster Crunch

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Tuesday Notes from Hammond: Pelfrey Pranks and Impending Roster Crunch

Bartlett? I'll believe it when I see it.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 115 Posts
    Sending Arcia down to make room for Bartlett's supposed versatility seems pretty fruitless to me. Bartlett shoudl be the next man up, and I really doubt he can find a major league job with the way he hasn't hit this spring.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 115 Posts
    And Pelfrey makes a horrible motivational speaker. I'm glad those weren't the real Shockers.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,308 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Blog Entries
    "That's all ya got?!?" Pretty good stuff.

What happened to "no more scholarships"? We'd all like Bartlett to recapture the magic, but it's not happening. If they keep Bartlett and/or Kubel at the expense of Arcia then you really gotta wonder whether anyone in the front office has a plan. If this team is going to be competitive this year, they'll need Arcia to keep making progress. That can't happen if he's at Rochester, where he has nothing to prove.

7. This user likes LewFordLives's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (03-25-2014)

http://www.southsidesox.com/2014/3/2...-danks-konerko

One of the most honest and entertaining columns about spring training cuts that I have read all spring. Good to know it isn't just the Twins that leave fans scratching their heads.

9. This user likes gocgo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

crarko (03-25-2014)

Bartlett, Kubel, Roefling, and Theilbar should go down, all of them will be there if needed, it's better than losing guys who haven't panned out as regulars, but haven't gotten a good look as a backup or bullpen guy.

11. These 2 users like viking7766's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

70charger (03-25-2014), mike wants wins (03-25-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 39 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm trying to figure out why they are considering keeping Bartlett and here is all I can seem to come up with. I may be way off base but it's a little different angle than what I have seen posted here. Maybe they are thinking that they might let Florimon and his .219 lifetime batting average go? Escobar's lifetime average is slightly higher, he is younger and has shown signs in spring training of taking the next step towards maybe being able to provide some offense from the shortstop position with Bartlett as the utility guy until later in the season when they maybe bring Santana up and return Escobar to the utility role and trade/release Bartlett? IDK

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Afraid of "losing Parmalee"....what are we losing again?

I hope that's only rumblings...vs actually happening.

And we're sending down Arcia...to make room for that?

Oye.

I can't find a reason for Bartlett to be on the opening day roster. Send him to the minors and if he finally shakes the rust off then consider bringing him up if there is an injury. The roster should have players who have a future on this team, not players that played for us years ago and aren't as good as they used to be.

It will be very disappointing if Bartlett makes the team over Arcia.

As far as Parmelee and Diamond go, if they don't make the team, they don't make the team. If the Twins lose them because they don't have options left, well so be it. They had their chance to make the team. They lost their jobs because someone better took their jobs from them. Not all young players can play at the major league level. Not all prospects pan out.

Kubel was told today that he made the team.

Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gocgo View Post
    Kubel was told today that he made the team.
    It also sounded like Arcia will be the everyday RF.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,608 Times in 835 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As long as they make room for Arcia, I don't care what happens to Kubel or Bartlett.

But if Arcia goes to Rochester...

*screams and kicks the cat*

That's a cool video. Mr. Perkins seems like a fun guy to have around.
    Glen is a funny name without the Perkins behind it. It'd be cool it the fans could come up with a final strike of the game chant that integrates "Glen."
    Here we go, Glen, here we go
    Glen! Glen! Glen!
    Glen thing! You make my heart sing! You make...
    etc.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,308 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VandyTwinsFan View Post
    That's a cool video. Mr. Perkins seems like a fun guy to have around.
    Glen is a funny name without the Perkins behind it. It'd be cool it the fans could come up with a final strike of the game chant that integrates "Glen."
    Here we go, Glen, here we go
    Glen! Glen! Glen!
    Glen thing! You make my heart sing! You make...
    etc.
    220px-Glen_or_Glenda.jpg
    Maybe that wouldn't go over as a chant.

Quote Originally Posted by DuluthFan View Post
    It will be very disappointing if Bartlett makes the team over Arcia.

As far as Parmelee and Diamond go, if they don't make the team, they don't make the team. If the Twins lose them because they don't have options left, well so be it. They had their chance to make the team. They lost their jobs because someone better took their jobs from them. Not all young players can play at the major league level. Not all prospects pan out.
    I agree, but the thing is, I don't think they have anyone better, sad to say. Diamond could go, but I'd rather see him in the pen for a bit before exposing him, just last year he would have been the opening day starter if not for an injury.

Senior Member Double-A troyhobbs's Avatar
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I don't see what Kubel (or Bartlett even more so) brings to a team that is in full scale rebuilding mode. Even if they're "proven" and provide "veteran presence," there's no benefit to playing them over the young guys unless the Twinkies FO thinks Kubel is capable of adding another 20 wins to this team and making them a contender. With or without Kubel it's a bad offense so who cares how proven he is? If they want a good clubhouse guy that plays a sub par OF and can only hit RHP they should wait until they have a few more pieces in place.

23. This user likes troyhobbs's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (03-25-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    No game day thread, so who's pitching? Gameday has Gibson. Pelfrey was supposed to pitch in the minors today, but that's all messed up with the rain. Infield dirt is mud, so guys just hit and go back to the dugout. Orioles didn't show so it's just A vs A and AAA vs AA. Perkings got hit hard, Duensing did ok. But no Pelfrey sighting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast