Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Article: Twins To Name Gibson Fifth Starter

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Now we read that the Twins are upset that Gibson has been named a starter?

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    Now we read that the Twins are upset that Gibson has been named a starter?
    I read that a big company was upset with a unconfirmed information leak. I've heard rumors that other big companies have reacted the same way.

Liked 1,285 Times in 742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    I read that a big company was upset with a unconfirmed information leak. I've heard rumors that other big companies have reacted the same way.
    Yes, reinforcing the suspicion that this is a team sorely in need of p.r. fundamentals!

This was an easy win, turned into a minor debacle. It's not like we're talking about Worley. Once LENIII's leak on Gibson appeared, the inner circle needs to get on the same page (I assume they have each other's phone numbers) and in this case, immediately own it: "Yes, Gibson will be our fifth starter. He's had a great spring and we're confident he is ready to contribute," said Antony.

Done.

Being a Twins fan is hard work these days--they should pay us, not the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post

That sounds right. The "expected rainout" excuse for starting with four starters feels a little off to me.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 149 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    Yes, reinforcing the suspicion that this is a team sorely in need of p.r. fundamentals!

This was an easy win, turned into a minor debacle. It's not like we're talking about Worley. Once LENIII's leak on Gibson appeared, the inner circle needs to get on the same page (I assume they have each other's phone numbers) and in this case, immediately own it: "Yes, Gibson will be our fifth starter. He's had a great spring and we're confident he is ready to contribute," said Antony.

Done.

Being a Twins fan is hard work these days--they should pay us, not the other way around
    98.5% of Twins fans will never know or care about this PR 'disaster'. Folks like those who post on this board are the only ones who will care.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 852 Times in 548 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    98.5% of Twins fans will never know or care about this PR 'disaster'. Folks like those who post on this board are the only ones who will care.
    I think what the previous poster said was "minor debacle". An organization tends to wish to jealously guard and control the "message" intended for public consumption- and a decision such as this does have a significant effect on the players and agents involved.

Judging by how publicly upset that the Twins management has been in reaction to this development, I'd say the TD posters were not the only ones who cared.

8. This user likes jokin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (03-23-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 104 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    I think what the previous poster said was "minor debacle". An organization tends to wish to jealously guard and control the "message" intended for public consumption- and a decision such as this does have a significant effect on the players and agents involved.

Judging by how publicly upset that the Twins management has been in reaction to this development, I'd say the TD posters were not the only ones who cared.
    Sounds like the Twins thought they had an agreement about what to print and when to print it--and it got printed "too soon".

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456