Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Finding Offense

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts

Rosario is suspended

Quote Originally Posted by tellis205 View Post
    It would be nice if Eddie Rosario was even in camp! Seems to me that he'll need significant time to get ready now that he's missed so much. Anybody willing to step up and let us know what's going on?
    50 game suspension to start the season

"50 game suspension to start the season."

Yes, but he is allowed in camp until the games start. The real issue is that he's been out of camp for "personal reasons". Honestly I don't particularly care what they are, but it is a bad year to be missing a heap of playing time. He was on the verge of getting a major league cup of coffee as soon as this Sept, and the team is short on both middle infielders and hitters. I hope all is well in his life, but the timing was unfortunate.

3. This user likes Cris E's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (03-20-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    "Yes, but he is allowed in camp until the games start. The real issue is that he's been out of camp for "personal reasons". " Where is the source that says he is out of camp for personal reasons? Bad enough about the suspension but additional bad if he is not in great baseball shape by the time it is over.

Liked 1,290 Times in 744 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes929 View Post
    Where is the source that says he is out of camp for personal reasons?
    I don't think there has been anything new on Rosario since this 3/8 Berardino column:
    http://blogs.twincities.com/twins/20...es-agent-says/

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 856 Times in 552 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes929 View Post
    "Yes, but he is allowed in camp until the games start. The real issue is that he's been out of camp for "personal reasons". " Where is the source that says he is out of camp for personal reasons? Bad enough about the suspension but additional bad if he is not in great baseball shape by the time it is over.
    From article dated March 8:

"According to the player’s agent, Melvin Roman, Rosario is “dealing with personal issues” and will report to Fort Myers as soon as those are resolved."
    http://blogs.twincities.com/twins/20...es-agent-says/

Are the Twins truly cursed with their top prospects? This is 2 guys in their top 5 who are on the verge of seeing this season go completely to waste.
    Last edited by jokin; 03-20-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    We asked Chad Allen yesterday why Rosario wasn't here working out. He stated that it's against the rules when suspended. So we mentioned A Rod was going to, and he said the Yankees wouldn't of allowed it because of the rules. I think he may be wrong though. Anyone know for sure the rules?

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 856 Times in 552 Posts
    Blog Entries
    From the same article, but still not very illuminating on what's actually going on:

Roman...... said he could not provide a time frame for when Rosario might report to camp.
    “We don’t know just yet,” Roman said. “We have an idea, but we don’t want to put any type of pressure on him to report by a certain time.”
    Murkier and murkier. I'm surprised that more questions haven't been asked of management about Rosario's status.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    Honestly, I don't see a way to fix this offense. It's going to be below average if things break well in some respects. If things even break slightly more to the negative this could get horrific.

Just imagine how bad this team could be to watch offensively if Hicks and Arcia aren't ready to take the next step? Nevermind the rest, just that alone is going to make this a trainwreck.

Well, we should get a sneak preview tonight.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    yeah its kinda sad

Bartlett Guerrier and possibly even Kubel

have ziltch shot at making the 25 man team. Kubel might make it, but clearly on track record.

Liked 3,169 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Well, we should get a sneak preview tonight.
    You dont see that very often...that many veterans/starters taking a bus ride.Not hard to read between the lines and speculate some senior mgmt types aren't pleased with spring training to date.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Port Charlotte is a pretty short trip, but yes, bringing the whole team on the bus is unusual. On another thread Antony's comments have been analyzed to death, but I'll say this: There were jobs open for the taking and many individuals have not done the job. I'm looking at Parm, Presley, Kubel, and Bartlett in particular.

Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    It doesn't look like any help is coming so we go with what we've got. First thing I'd do is put Mauer in the leadoff spot. Batting 3rd with Willingham doing squat, Joe would walk 100 times this year. Put him in the leadoff, taking pressure off Hicks. Leadoff man gets on to start the game 1 out of 3 games. Win, win.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,304 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Leadoff man gets on to start the game 1 out of 3 games. Win, win.
    If Mauer slips significantly.

Senior Member Double-A troyhobbs's Avatar
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    One bad thing about having a bad team is that you don't have many valuable trade chips. Would've been nice to see at least one offensive upgrade via free agency. Last year was their worst offensive season since the mound was lowered and this years offense might be worse. What the H?

Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It might take 2 to 3 years but don't forget Adam Brett Walker as a power offensive threat for the Twins. As my friend monitors the minor leaguers down in Fort Myers - He states that Walker has hit 4 or 5 Home Runs and 6 Doubles in the few games that the minor leaguers have played already. Minor league games started on the 11th of March and today is only the 21st. I was told hit hit a HR and a double today too. Just saying - My Sleeper has potential that seems to stay under the radar.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,289 Times in 520 Posts
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

20. This user likes snepp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-20-2014)

Liked 2,297 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hammer and Plouffe... If they find offense... The Twins will find offense.

i've looked at this roster from every direction... Upside down... Sideways... Every way possible.

Everything points to Hammer and Plouffe... In my opinion.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

22. These 2 users like Riverbrian's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-20-2014), crarko (03-20-2014)

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 24 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The team the Twins took north in 2013 was:
    Position 2013 2013
    Catcher Mauer Suzuki
    1st Base Mornear Mauer
    2nd Base Dozier Dozier
    3rd Base Plouffe Ploufee
    Shortstop Florimon Florimon
    Left Field Willingham
    Center Field