Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 87 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Out of Answers

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If somebody claims him, does he need to stay on the 25 man roster or pass thru waivers to be assigned to AAA? I agree, i doubt somebody would pick him up and even if they did would the twins miss him that much? It looks like we currently will have better options then him at AAA.

He's done.

Stick a fork in him. Cannot recover after that outing.

4. This user likes dukie034's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Trautmann13 (03-19-2014)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pierre75275 View Post
    If somebody claims him, does he need to stay on the 25 man roster or pass thru waivers to be assigned to AAA? I agree, i doubt somebody would pick him up and even if they did would the twins miss him that much? It looks like we currently will have better options then him at AAA.
    I still think that someone would pick him up, but at this point, that may be best for him and for the Twins. Personally, I'm not willing to completely shut the door on Worley. I hope that he would pass through waivers and the Twins can send him to Rochester. He's succeeded in the past, and he is 26 all season, so there's still a chance.

You're right though. If he were claimed by another team, he would have to stay on the 25 man roster OR go through waivers a second time.

6. This user likes Seth Stohs's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gunnarthor (03-19-2014)

I can't imagine a place for Worley on any team's 25 man roster right now. He needs to (hopefully) work things out in AAA. If that means taking a risk losing him, so be it. I hope Vance can rediscover his mojo.

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Make the move right now... If he's gonna slip through... I'd imagine now is the best time to slip him through.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    It's the zero swinging strikes that is most telling, IMO. Sometimes, the BABIP gods can be cruel and everything put in play seems to find a hole. But if you can't get even one swing and miss in 61 pitches, it seems to me you're not throwing major league stuff. Send him down, and if someone claims him so be it.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

10. These 5 users like USAFChief's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (03-19-2014), JB_Iowa (03-19-2014), snepp (03-19-2014), twinsnorth49 (03-19-2014), Willihammer (03-19-2014)

Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    It's the zero swinging strikes that is most telling, IMO. Sometimes, the BABIP gods can be cruel and everything put in play seems to find a hole. But if you can't get even one swing and miss in 61 pitches, it seems to me you're not throwing major league stuff. Send him down, and if someone claims him so be it.
    Agreed. I was hoping he would make the team, partly because when we traded Revere I thought Worley was a nice "right now" piece. Not that I expected him to be an All-Star, but I thought he would help. It's time to make the move and let the chips fall where they may.

Liked 401 Times in 264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe a change of scenery and pitching coaches would be good for The Vanimal. It's possible a different point of view could do the trick. Zero swinging strikes and absolute befuddlement are telling.

hopefully he passes thru to AAA as I still have hope for Vance in the Twins organization.

The worst part about Worley is that he aint coming north after yesterday. That is for sure, in my eyes. Put if the Twins don't want him, nobody else will want him for anymore than a bag of baseballs. What next for him, AAA?

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would pass him through waivers right now. I don't think that a team is going to claim him. Perhaps it was best to be terrible out of the gates so that he could make it to Rochester and get his act together (hopefully). Still WEIRD that he has been so bad.

Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    I would pass him through waivers right now. I don't think that a team is going to claim him. Perhaps it was best to be terrible out of the gates so that he could make it to Rochester and get his act together (hopefully). Still WEIRD that he has been so bad.
    I agree. Atlanta made their reaction move by signing Santana. I could see a team like Arizona or Oakland taking a chance since they have had injuries but they also have a lot of young talent ready or close to ready. Waive him and see what happens.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 278 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't quite figure it out either. He had 8+ K/9 with Philadelphia in over 270 IP. ERA of 3.01 and 4.20.

What we have seen is a completely different pitcher. K/9 in the 4 range and what is strange is his BB/9 rate has actually been better here than in Philly.

What is certain is he can't be on the 25 man roster. I agree with Shane, try and pass him through waivers right now. If he is gone best of luck to him.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    Bummer. I really liked the trade that brought him here, even if he was going from the NL to the AL. Figured leaving a hitters park to a pitchers park would more than make up for it but ...

I don't think they'll try and pass him through waivers yet. I think they do it later when everyone is dumping players to make it less likely that he gets claimed. He'll probably get another start yet.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 35 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Worst starting pitcher on the worst starting staff in baseball. Are we really concerned that another team will pick him up? I agree with Shane, this is just plain WEIRD that he is so bad, but weirder things have happened. Time to move on.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,605 Times in 832 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My thoughts exactly. In a way, his wretched play has been a blessing.

1. It makes the Twins' decision easy.

2. He has been so bad that it's unlikely that another team will claim him.

20. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (03-19-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 72 Times in 49 Posts
    It seems like he throws too straight. There doesn't seem to be much movement on the ball when he throws it and guys were hitting him hard. I never expected Worely to be an ace but I also never expected him to be this bad. I think it would be best if he caught on with another team because the negative energy he has going here seems like too much to overcome.

It is crazy that he is only a month older than Kyle Gibson. That makes it hard to just write him off. Hopefully he can make it through waivers and land in Rochester. I wouldn't hold my breath on him turning it around but it's not impossible to envision him in St. Louis starting a playoff games in 2 years.

I was at the game last night and the one strikeout he had was a questionable call. It looked like a ball from where I was sitting. His fastball was awful all night long. 90mph right down the middle belt high and it had zero movement. On the bright side Swarzak looked pretty good. He had a few more mph on his fast ball than what I remember from last year.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    I was pro "trade an OF for pitchers", but said we'd have to judge the actual trade when we see what happens. That's what scouts get paid for, making the right decision. So far, those scouts should have less influence imo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast