Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Intrasquad Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    It was one day. He's got a really good glove. He'd be fine with more playing time there. I just think he's a second baseman. Niko Goodrum is a very good defensive shortstop.
    Talking to some field pers. Overall, they view Polanco as primarily a second baseman who COULD play some short. They will get him more work at short. Scouting report on him right now is a guy who can make spectacular plays that others cant, but for too often misses the routine plays that should be made.
    I've also frequently talked to Niko Goodrum. He is a great kid, very polite and pretty humble. He likes Jorge, wouldn't route against him for his own personal gain - I tells me he is only worried about his own game. Isn't keeping track of what others are doing. Goodrum has a GREAT glove. The question with him is can his bat be enough at the major league level. I saw Jim Dwyer talking to Goodrum, in length, after he was replaced in the game vs the Red Sox minor league guys. Nearly 10 minutes or so. Talked about set up and position of his hands to handle certain pitches

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Who have the coaches seemed to be impressed with offensively? I heard Harrison was raking it pretty good in other reports. I'm curious as to whom is hitting well? Who do the coaches seem happy with in terms of having made adjustments since last season?

Niko can definitely make some spectacular plays look routine dfensively. He can play 2nd / 3rd / or SS as well as any of our present prospects as well. Incredible arm / Range / Instincts

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    If Goodrum has a GREAT glove and I am talking Belanger great then there is no doubt in my mind that he should be the regular shortstop for years to come. How does Goodrum compare to Simmons also?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 364 Times in 192 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Goodrum is a very good glove, but he's not Belanger yet. He has good range and a strong arm. he's very consistent, makes the routine plays. He's tall and is solid. He's not Simmons. He's not Florimon. He's very good.

Polanco definitely is (and looks) much more comfortable at second base. I think they just want to keep him getting ground balls at shortstop for flexibility. He can be OK over there.

Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Derek Jeter had 50+ errors one minor league season. Goodrum will be a solid defender and his OBP has always been good . As he gains consistency on the routine play and continues to make the spectacular plays - He will rival Santana for the SS of the future.

Any word on the Hitters in minor league games?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was behind the screen when several guys threw. The velo was there for anyone to see. May looked terrific for two innings, but couldn't get through the third. Correia was consistently at 89 with his FB.

Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    So who would I look for Stringer? We probably bumped into each other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12