Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 109

Thread: Spring Training Game Thread: Phillies@Twins 3/9 12:05PM

  1. #61
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    [QUOTE=ChiTownTwinsFan;201966 How does a basketball game get delayed?[/QUOTE]

    The top ten reasons.

    #10... The National Anthem comes with a drum solo.
    #9... Tournament timing and the game before goes long.
    #8... Television timing and the game before goes long.
    #7... Justin Beiber is in the crowd and being disruptive.
    #6... Power failure and the lights go out.
    #5... Someone was shooting the lights out during warmups.
    #4... Someone was shooting the lights out with an actual Gun.
    #3... Someone spilled Orange Juice all over the floor.
    #2... Someone measured the rim and the visiting side was two inches smaller in diameter.
    #1... The fresh seafood that the referee crew had last night... Was a little too fresh.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  2. This user likes Riverbrian's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    JB_Iowa (03-09-2014)

  3. #62
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    lol ... I'm guessing 8 or 9.

  4. #63
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,359
    Like
    1,315
    Liked 1,296 Times in 750 Posts

  5. #64
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Ok... I've been defending Parmelee's OF D and doing so with passion. I honestly claim.. I have never been disappointed with his D and then he pulls up on that flyball and it drops in for the 1st Phillies hit in 6th inning.

    The sun had better have been in his eyes. Cuz that was lame.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  6. #65
    Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Posts
    1,094
    Like
    15
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    77
    We don't have a lot of direct flights from Cedar Rapids to Florida, but Allegiant flies from here direct to Sanford, St Pete and Punta Gorda a couple days a week each. Worked out well this year, because I can fly down to St Pete on the 22nd, get a hotel room there, go watch the Twins play the Phillies in Clearwater the next day, then drive to Ft Myers after the game. Then I have a flight home the following Saturday direct from Punta Gorda, which isn't far from Ft Myers.

    Theyre all small airports that are easy to get in and out of.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  7. #66
    Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Posts
    1,094
    Like
    15
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Ok... I've been defending Parmelee's OF D and doing so with passion. I honestly claim.. I have never been disappointed with his D and then he pulls up on that flyball and it drops in for the 1st Phillies hit in 6th inning.

    The sun had better have been in his eyes. Cuz that was lame.
    I had the same thought. Then I remembered it's a ST game and a no-hitter doesn't really matter. But still, yeah... seemed like a bit more effort could have been expended.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  8. #67
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I heard Ruf can't play D... It appears that he can.
    Oh... Now I see what they mean.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  9. #68
    Banned Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    715
    Like
    82
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Pelfrey has been refreshingly sharp. That sink is sinking. If he keep that pitch throughout the year... People wiil complain less about him!!!
    Maybe, maybe not. When we trade Correia, Pelfrey will fill that role.

  10. #69
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    We don't have a lot of direct flights from Cedar Rapids to Florida, but Allegiant flies from here direct to Sanford, St Pete and Punta Gorda a couple days a week each. Worked out well this year, because I can fly down to St Pete on the 22nd, get a hotel room there, go watch the Twins play the Phillies in Clearwater the next day, then drive to Ft Myers after the game. Then I have a flight home the following Saturday direct from Punta Gorda, which isn't far from Ft Myers.

    Theyre all small airports that are easy to get in and out of.
    My sister flies Allegiant into/out of Punta Gorda. She loves it. Honestly, at RSW ... oy, talk about a long security line wait.

  11. #70
    Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Posts
    1,094
    Like
    15
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    77
    Yeah, sure glad the Twins decided they had enough offense this year.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  12. #71
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Not sure what TV commercials you are getting on normal TV, but on mlb.tv ... they keep replaying that Reebok/UnderDog commercial ... love that theme song.

  13. #72
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    I had the same thought. Then I remembered it's a ST game and a no-hitter doesn't really matter. But still, yeah... seemed like a bit more effort could have been expended.
    A no-no should always matter in my opinion. I remember throwing a no-no against my friend in a whiffle ball game and it mattered to me.

    As for Parm... He needs to make this team.

    It had to be the sun.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  14. #73
    Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Posts
    1,094
    Like
    15
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    77
    There's the Danny Santana we've come to know and cringe about.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  15. #74
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Not sure what TV commercials you are getting on normal TV, but on mlb.tv ... they keep replaying that Reebok/UnderDog commercial ... love that theme song.
    We've been thru this... Before in time.

    When you talk about Underdog... Your words must rhyme.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  16. #75
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    There's the Danny Santana we've come to know and cringe about.
    Revere will do that to ya.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  17. #76
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    oh crap.

  18. #77
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Herrmann should have handled that ball in the dirt. That could cost us a run.

    Colabello picked him up with a nice play.

    And now Gibson has to finish up and we have team baseball covering for a mistake.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

  19. #78
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,359
    Like
    1,315
    Liked 1,296 Times in 750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post

    And now Gibson has to finish up and we have team baseball covering for a mistake.

    And that they did.

  20. #79
    Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Posts
    1,094
    Like
    15
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    77
    Gibson worked out of that well.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

    ~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

  21. #80
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,779
    Like
    4,915
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. When we trade Correia, Pelfrey will fill that role.
    We better not trade Correia... We need a cap on Martyrs!!!
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.