Thread: Brandon Inge

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brandon Inge

Future Twin? Waddaya think?

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is this a joke? If not... No. Absolutely not. I'd rather spend the time failing to develop Valencia into a starting Third Baseman. Maybe Deibinson Romero is the answer. Maybe Ryan is signing Inge as we speak.. uugghh...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    Future Twin? Waddaya think?
    Dear Spideyo, I have rethought my stance. Inge is the equivalent of Valencia offensively and most definitely his defensive superior. Sign him up! We have no replacement for 2-3 years as Sano is that player.

Plus we get a backup catcher!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    Plus we get a backup catcher!
    Good Point!!!

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,260 Times in 752 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You'd think it might humble Valencia enough to make him coachable. "They're thinking of replacing me with HIM???" But if Sean Burroughs didn't do the trick, I'm not thinking Inge would either.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Inge would be interesting. Can play 3b and C plus 2B. He would make more sense than Burroughs. I wouldn't expect too much hitting out of him but as a backup he can handle multiple positions.

What I wouldnt like about Inge is this. The obvious perceptions that the Twins are Comerica Park dumpster divers. That gives me the willy's.

Once you get all the banana peels and coffee grounds scraped off your clothing. Inge would be a decent fit.

One last thing. I'd rather have Eldred. Big time Power. I think he should have had a decent sized MLB chance long ago.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    I thought this was a rebuilding year?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    I thought this was a rebuilding year?
    It certainly is, but without a 3B for the future, which Valencia is not, you need to find filler until the suitable replacement is found.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only way I can see it working is if we cut Burroughs. It might not be a significant offensive improvement, but at least he'd be able to back up several spots (and keep Butera in AAA)

In the Strib article, it was suggested that we could send Valencia down and platoon Burroughs and Inge, but that doesn't make any sense to me. I'm pretty sure Valencia is out of options, and if someone grabbed Hughes, someone is definitely gonna grab Valencia. Besides, as much as I think Danny isn't performing up to expectations, why in the hell would you keep Burroughs over him?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Inge would be interesting. Can play 3b and C plus 2B. He would make more sense than Burroughs. I wouldn't expect too much hitting out of him but as a backup he can handle multiple positions.

What I wouldnt like about Inge is this. The obvious perceptions that the Twins are Comerica Park dumpster divers. That gives me the willy's.

Once you get all the banana peels and coffee grounds scraped off your clothing. Inge would be a decent fit.

One last thing. I'd rather have Eldred. Big time Power. I think he should have had a decent sized MLB chance long ago.

Couldn't we just pretend we traded Delmon Young for Thomas and Inge?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Keep want we got and forget about the has beens.

Inge would be a good fit. Our kind of player, send Valencia down as he has options left. If he doesn't figure it out, cut him. If Burroughs continues to struggle cut him as well and bring up Dozier to play short at all star break. Trade Carrol to contender at deadline for any big league starter who throws over 88mph and breathing!! Lmao I know Carroll won't bring that but we might lose 100 games if we don't find a couple starters to get some outs!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    Couldn't we just pretend we traded Delmon Young for Thomas and Inge?
    Too late... I've already pretended that we gave 15 dollars to the tigers to take Delmon Young.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 613 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Too late... I've already pretended that we gave 15 dollars to the tigers to take Delmon Young.
    THAT MUCH!!??................you got pretend hosed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    THAT MUCH!!??................you got pretend hosed.
    lol!!! No that was actually the removal of the hose!!!

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 613 Times in 329 Posts
    I'm not crazy about it but it might give us a bit of stability at 3rd, get rid of the Butera nonsense and wake Valencia the hell up!!! Burroughs sure isn't the answer and in-house help is a couple of years away.

Still, I feel a little dirty.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    SIGN BRANDON INGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can stop writing about how much I hate Valencia, the worst 3B in the league. Inge is the perfect fit over Valencia, we can also stop hearing about, and writing about Butera as well. This is a win win.

This is a pretty funny thread. Inge is not a back-up option at Catcher. He hasn't been behind the plate since 2008, and probably lost his job with the Tigers in part because he wasn't able to be an option there. They had been trying him at 2B, and while his defense is above average (pretty good, actually), his bat is not. I think Dave Dombroski is trolling the Twins. Inge is much worse statistically compared to the existing 3B options on the Twins' Roster. As much as people want to hate on Valencia, Inge is not an improvement. At this point in his career, he's a light hitting Adam Everett.

EDITED to add - of course, as soon as I say all that, I read that a "Twins' Source is saying that pursuit of Inge will begin in earnest today."
    Last edited by Kirby_Waved_At_Me; 04-27-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    This is a pretty funny thread. Inge is not a back-up option at Catcher. He hasn't been behind the plate since 2008, and probably lost his job with the Tigers in part because he wasn't able to be an option there. They had been trying him at 2B, and while his defense is above average (pretty good, actually), his bat is not. I think Dave Dombroski is trolling the Twins. Inge is much worse statistically compared to the existing 3B options on the Twins' Roster. As much as people want to hate on Valencia, Inge is not an improvement. At this point in his career, he's a light hitting Adam Everett.

EDITED to add - of course, as soon as I say all that, I read that a "Twins' Source is saying that pursuit of Inge will begin in earnest today."
    I agree however you are wrong. Everything you say is true but not quite.

Inge could still be the third catcher in case Doumit slips on a patch of ice In the 8th inning and Mauer is DH. Inge shouldn't replace Velencia but he could replace Burroughs.

I'm not saying I'm for this... Just saying I can see a roster fit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast