Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Twins Minor Leaguers Report Today

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor Leaguers Report Today

I'm looking forward to another trip down to Cedar Rapids early this season. Would you expect that Stewart, Felix Jorge, Gonsalves and Eades could all be there to start the season? They wouldn't hold any of them back for EST, would they? Any other names you expect will start there?

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Seth, good catch that 25 of the pitchers are left-handed. When our favorite team decides to address an organizational weakness they don't fool around.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 273 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not to be debby downer, but two of the three guys I was looking forward to are not playing (Rosario and Sano)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beyondclarity View Post
    I'm looking forward to another trip down to Cedar Rapids early this season. Would you expect that Stewart, Felix Jorge, Gonsalves and Eades could all be there to start the season? They wouldn't hold any of them back for EST, would they? Any other names you expect will start there?
    I wouldn't expect Stewart or Gonsalves to be there Opening Day, but sometime during the season. Jorge will likely be there. I think there's a chance Eades goes to Ft. Myers, but could start in Cedar Rapids.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Seth, any idea where Adrian Salcedo will begin 2014. Will it be New Britain? Also, any word on whether or not he will be back starting after being in the bullpen his first year back from surgery?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    Seth, good catch that 25 of the pitchers are left-handed. When our favorite team decides to address an organizational weakness they don't fool around.
    I seem to recall that a couple of drafts back, nearly half of ALL the draftees were LH pitchers.

I am looking forward to tracking the progress of the system as a whole this year. Bummer about Sano and Rosario but I am hoping for a couple of the guys outside the top 100 type prospects step-up this year and prove they are potentially high impact MLB players. I think those players developing take us from a bright future to something potentially really special.

Danny Santana and AB Walker are two that I will keep a close eye on. Santana because of need and Walker because there seems to be a large gap between his floor and ceiling. For SPs, Gonsolves is a guy that might end up being a real steal and Thorpe could be a guy that moves up the rankings quickly. Eades is also interesting. Some people still believe he has #2 stuff.

Who do you like to move up the rankings?

Don't tell Stephen that Seth.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Leauge Ready View Post
    I am looking forward to tracking the progress of the system as a whole this year. Bummer about Sano and Rosario but I am hoping for a couple of the guys outside the top 100 type prospects step-up this year and prove they are potentially high impact MLB players. I think those players developing take us from a bright future to something potentially really special.

Danny Santana and AB Walker are two that I will keep a close eye on. Santana because of need and Walker because there seems to be a large gap between his floor and ceiling. For SPs, Gonsolves is a guy that might end up being a real steal and Thorpe could be a guy that moves up the rankings quickly. Eades is also interesting. Some people still believe he has #2 stuff.

Who do you like to move up the rankings?
    Picking 5 off the top of my head: Max Kepler, Amaurys Minier, Luke Bard, Stuart Turner, and Alex Wimmers.

Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My projected CR rotation this year is:
    Felix Jorge
    Aaron Slegers
    Ryan Eades
    Austin Malinowski
    Yorman Landa
    Hein Robb

With Romero, Gonsalves, Stewart & Thorpe all ending the year at CR.

Twins are going to have to make some quick choices in the lower levels this year to ensure guys get innings, develop and build up strength.
    Last edited by clutterheart; 03-04-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tom Powers' article about Stewart suggested he could skip Elizabethton and go straight to CR. He mentions it right after a quote from Brad Steil, but it's not clear whether Powers is just speculating or got that indication from Steil. Of course, Stewart could start the year in Extended Spring Training and still go to CR without a stop in Etown first.

I agree that there could be a bit of a logjam of arms at Class A this summer. That's not altogether bad, since the Twins are so careful about the innings they put on these young arms. On the chance that the Kernels could reach the MWL playoffs again, it would be nice to have a couple of big time prospects available who haven't hit their innings limits.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 820 Times in 515 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    My projected CR rotation this year is:
    Felix Jorge
    Aaron Slegers
    Ryan Eades
    Austin Malinowski
    Yorman Landa
    Hein Robb

With Romero, Gonsalves, Stewart & Thorpe all ending the year at CR.

Twins are going to have to make some quick choices in the lower levels this year to ensure guys get innings, develop and build up strength.
    I guess there really aren't a lot of guys here that get me excited. I want to see Stewart, Gonsalves, and Thrope from pretty much opening day. I think you could make a case for all of them.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Twin View Post
    Don't tell Stephen that Seth.
    I won't... ha! I promise!

I don't know where he will be. They're going to be protective of the high ceiling guys, so they may keep him out of Cedar Rapids for the first month (also innings counts). But, he certainly could be there as well.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Seth, any idea where Adrian Salcedo will begin 2014. Will it be New Britain? Also, any word on whether or not he will be back starting after being in the bullpen his first year back from surgery?

I would assume he'll be in the New Britain bullpen. I know he's not going to start the season as a starter, and I think they'll keep him in the bullpen.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Thorpe has the most interest from me as a potential guy. Any idea where he may begin the season?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncgo4 View Post
    Thorpe has the most interest from me as a potential guy. Any idea where he may begin the season?
    Extended Spring Training.

Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Not sure why other than the place not being ready, but a bunch of rookies practiced at City of Palms today, including Stewart. There's a big tent set up outside the locker room where the players have lunch now as the work continues inside.

Work groups and minor league schedule is on the counter in the office.

Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm planning on going down to Spring Training next weekend. Can anybody post the minor league game schedule (on here) so my friends and I can figure out where we need to be to follow the right teams (A / A+ or AA / AAA)?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    If possible could someone please post the last week of pre-season games for the Twins in March and the schedule for the minor league teams in ALL classifications also for the same time period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast