Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Learning From My New Friends

Article: Learning From My New Friends

2. This user likes AJPettersen's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-02-2014)

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good luck AJ! Enjoy the game. I am rooting for you.

4. This user likes Thrylos's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-02-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    This is what it's all about, and thank you so much for reminding us. Have a fun spring!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't fall off the scooter and injure yourself!

Good luck this year

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have a great spring, AJ. In our home, Babe Ruth baseball sign up registration forms arrived last week, for two boys who got a chance to see you "play" last summer. Thanks for making time for them, Olivia, Alexis, and Ray.

Nice note. My guess is that you will do well with a lot of things outside of the game.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 56 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good luck AJ! Thanks for the glimpse into your thoughts.....if you have children, the little ones spend the better part of your life reminding you how to live.

Liked 401 Times in 264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks AJ. Good luck

Thanks for great article AJ. Good luck in spring training and the 2014 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    Good luck AJ! Enjoy the game. I am rooting for you.
    Thank you, I appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    Don't fall off the scooter and injure yourself!

Good luck this year
    Haha, I am usually walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Feed the Greed Guy View Post
    Have a great spring, AJ. In our home, Babe Ruth baseball sign up registration forms arrived last week, for two boys who got a chance to see you "play" last summer. Thanks for making time for them, Olivia, Alexis, and Ray.
    I played Babe Ruth growing up! Where did you see me play last year? Best of luck to your boys and I appreciate the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by rukavina View Post
    Nice note. My guess is that you will do well with a lot of things outside of the game.
    Thank you very much and thanks for reading.

Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well done. I was excited to read you again this year. Best of luck going forward, I'm pulling for you.

See you Saturday AJ!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hey... I'll see you Saturday too, AJ!!

Administrator Double-A Twins Daily Admin's Avatar
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Two reactions:

First, I had a long talk with Trevor May about paying attention to the process instead of the results. It seems to me that "play" and "having" help with that. It's easier to get lost in the moment and to let the tough bounces and hops go when you're in the moment. And it's easier to be in the moment when you'er having fun.

I was also struck by the paragraph about stressing about the things outside of playing and outside of your control. This is not unique to baseball. I know a LOT of people who hate their job but like what they do. They like the task they'e paid to do - say, write - but all the other stuff around it makes them hate their job. They don't trust their boss, or their coworkers, or they think the company isn't doing a good job, or that they won't get a promotion, or they worry that someone is whispering behind their backs, or that they'll be doing this the rest of their lives.

It seems to me you'e talking about being present. Kids are a wonderful reminder of what that's like. They're almost always in the present. They have to be. They are so unable to control their destiny, they have no choice but to accept the future for what comes and react to what is in front of them instead.

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Feed the Greed Guy View Post
    It was July 11th, last year. Pat Dean and Dakota Watts combined for the shutout. Jeff Smith gave you the night off, but that didn't keep you from battling the mosquitoes while signing a baseball for my boys outside the clubhouse after the game.

Liked 726 Times in 386 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great post, AJ. Having fun promotes peak performance. Just don't let them talk you into exploring any caves.
    <br>