Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Forum

Anybody looking to join another league? Me and some local buddies have had a Yahoo H2H mixed league going for 5-6 years but we had a few people drop out this year and we're currently sitting at only 8 teams. We'd like to get it to at least 10, preferably 12.

Live online draft (Yahoo) is on Wednesday the 19th @ 8pm central time. If you want to join or have questions, send me a PM or post here.
    Last edited by EephusKnuckler; 03-06-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Still looking for managers. We've got 9 right now so we need at least one more for sure. PM me here or send an email to shadazar AT yahoo DOT com if you are interested or have questions.

5x5 Yahoo mixed H2H league, standard roster setup but also an NA slot. Roster moves allowed every day (takes effect the next day). Come get some!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 68 Times in 48 Posts
    I'd be interested except it's on Yahoo. Sorry!
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    I'd be interested except it's on Yahoo. Sorry!
    What's wrong with Yahoo? I've never played on a different website so interested to know why you don't care for it. I think it's pretty slick.

Quote Originally Posted by EephusKnuckler View Post
    What's wrong with Yahoo? I've never played on a different website so interested to know why you don't care for it. I think it's pretty slick.
    Their technology is drastically behind other sites, and there's just no two ways to that. It's even worse in auction format. The one area they're strong in is keeper/dynasty leagues for newbies to a keeper/dynasty league. At a basic scoring/roster level, they've changed the standard league, and I much prefer the standard scoring and roster that I was introduced to fantasy with, utilizing 5 outfielders, 1 utility player, and no defined pitcher roles with a small bench. A Yahoo standard roster has remained the same since the late 1990s, but it's their own creation instead of going by the roster put forth by the original Rotisserie League. I've preferred ESPN for a long time because of their better technology, especially in the draft room, and their investment in keeping a standard league to the standard format of fantasy baseball instead of trying to tell fantasy baseball to adhere to them. I've played on lots of formats online (CBS, Fantrax, MLB.com, Fox) for "custom" leagues as well, and I'd put Yahoo's scoring/game play near the bottom.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 652 Times in 366 Posts
    I'm completely the opposite - I've found yahoo to be less cumbersome and more streamlined than any other for most any fantasy format.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I'm completely the opposite - I've found yahoo to be less cumbersome and more streamlined than any other for most any fantasy format.
    I've not completed a draft on Yahoo's software since Bush was in office. Not even kidding. And I play in at least one drafted Yahoo league every single season.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 652 Times in 366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    I've not completed a draft on Yahoo's software since Bush was in office. Not even kidding. And I play in at least one drafted Yahoo league every single season.
    Never had that problem. Not even once.

I actually had some issues with this draft the other night, kept booting me out of the draft room. First time that's happened to me. Kept saying I was already logged in on a different computer. Could be because I still still had the yahoo window open on my computer at work.

I've played fantasy football on other sites but only yahoo for baseball. I found yahoo to be way better than the other places and the recent redesign has taken a little getting used to but it's better overall. They had it for the first time last football season and this is the first time for baseball. Draft room could use an update tho, it's still the same way it's been for years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12