Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Article: Wednesday Night Twins Minor League Game Notes

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,433
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    64
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515

    Article: Wednesday Night Twins Minor League Game Notes


  2. #2
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    585
    Like
    11
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Miguel Sano struck out 3 times again. Somebody help me out. Are there any successful major leaguers who, at Sano's age, had a similar strike out rate. I'm just trying to find a reason to feel better about it. Otherwise I can't help but feel if Sano dosn't get the Strike outs down, he will never make it. Simple as that...

  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    4,135
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Like
    34
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    200
    15 BB vs 23 K's not that bad of a ratio. At his age Prince Fielder had a similar ratio (in Beloit btw) and Miguel Cabrera a much worse ratio. Both had much less power and OPS. Hope that makes you feel better about it
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  4. #4
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,567
    Like
    2,580
    Liked 3,194 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    15 BB vs 23 K's not that bad of a ratio. At his age Prince Fielder had a similar ratio (in Beloit btw) and Miguel Cabrera a much worse ratio. Both had much less power and OPS. Hope that makes you feel better about it
    Sano's rate of strikeouts to plate appearances, never mind the walks, is nearly twice that of the two gentlemen you named at similar points in their careers.

  5. #5
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,433
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    64
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Sano's rate of strikeouts to plate appearances, never mind the walks, is nearly twice that of the two gentlemen you named at similar points in their careers.
    I like the walks this year, but his K/PA matters more to me, and now it's a scary number.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    Miguel Sano struck out 3 times again. Somebody help me out. Are there any successful major leaguers who, at Sano's age, had a similar strike out rate. I'm just trying to find a reason to feel better about it. Otherwise I can't help but feel if Sano dosn't get the Strike outs down, he will never make it. Simple as that...
    He will be fine. Remember, he won't be 19 until next month. I was more worried about his errors - but that looks alot better than last season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.