Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Wednesday Night Twins Minor League Game Notes

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Miguel Sano struck out 3 times again. Somebody help me out. Are there any successful major leaguers who, at Sano's age, had a similar strike out rate. I'm just trying to find a reason to feel better about it. Otherwise I can't help but feel if Sano dosn't get the Strike outs down, he will never make it. Simple as that...

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15 BB vs 23 K's not that bad of a ratio. At his age Prince Fielder had a similar ratio (in Beloit btw) and Miguel Cabrera a much worse ratio. Both had much less power and OPS. Hope that makes you feel better about it
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,194 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    15 BB vs 23 K's not that bad of a ratio. At his age Prince Fielder had a similar ratio (in Beloit btw) and Miguel Cabrera a much worse ratio. Both had much less power and OPS. Hope that makes you feel better about it
    Sano's rate of strikeouts to plate appearances, never mind the walks, is nearly twice that of the two gentlemen you named at similar points in their careers.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Sano's rate of strikeouts to plate appearances, never mind the walks, is nearly twice that of the two gentlemen you named at similar points in their careers.
    I like the walks this year, but his K/PA matters more to me, and now it's a scary number.

Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    Miguel Sano struck out 3 times again. Somebody help me out. Are there any successful major leaguers who, at Sano's age, had a similar strike out rate. I'm just trying to find a reason to feel better about it. Otherwise I can't help but feel if Sano dosn't get the Strike outs down, he will never make it. Simple as that...
    He will be fine. Remember, he won't be 19 until next month. I was more worried about his errors - but that looks alot better than last season.