Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone remember the 1967 pennant race?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
    You are in luck. I recently came upon this youtube of Minnesota at Boston on September 30, 1967, the complete game. Apparently this is the oldest complete broadcast available in color. Great Twins line-up. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cze3fMSa84w

Oh how i miss the clean green field free of ads.
    They have game 7 of the 1965 World Series I noticed on YouTube.

2. This user likes thetank's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (02-22-2014)

Liked 3,142 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longdistancetwins View Post
    Thanks. I did start watching on my old clunky work computer (after hours, of course ). I had only gotten to the second batter (interesting to see superman Yaz sort of bobble the ball) when my computer spontaneously started shutting down, step by step. My hands were nowhere near the mouse or the keyboard. It didn’t just “End Program” or “logoff,” it actually shut completely down—something I never do—all by itself. Obviously this is too painful even for my computer.
    huh...I would have thought it wouldn't have choked until very, very late.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

4. These 2 users like USAFChief's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (02-22-2014), Monkeypaws (02-22-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
    You are in luck. I recently came upon this youtube of Minnesota at Boston on September 30, 1967, the complete game. Apparently this is the oldest complete broadcast available in color. Great Twins line-up. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cze3fMSa84w

Oh how i miss the clean green field free of ads.
    Thanks for the link. What a treat. Also, what a blast from the past. Weather forecast that expected rain instead of the nice day they got, advert for a gas station that washed your windows "all the time", advert for White Owl cigars, even a guy hustling (Uhlander) and ending up on 3rd on a routine pop fly to right. Thanks again.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kaat had won 7 games in Sept and should have pitched on Oct. 1 the last day of the regular season. The video pointed out the 7 victories. He only pitched 2 innings this game but needed an extra day of rest.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,281 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    Thanks tank, I'd like this thread to reach 200
    Any thoughts on Terry Ryan, or Jim Souhan?1

On-topic, I grew up in Indianapolis, so I didn't have a direct rooting interest at the time, and I found the hitless wonder White Sox an interesting story, also the expansion team Angels being in the race until near the end, but ultimately I was one of those lemon-juice pouring young jerks who rooted for the BoSox that year.

1 / yeah, I'm trolling. Trolling for people to ban!
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 02-22-2014 at 01:15 PM.

8. These 2 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (02-22-2014), thetank (02-22-2014)

Thanks for the youtube link. It was great viewing and it lead me to game 7 of the 1952 World Series -which was even better. In fact , I thought the camera work on the 52 game was better than the 67 one. They even had split screen. So 52 World Series Game 7 is highly recommended. You'll see a 20 year old Mick, Jackie, Scooter, Yogi, Pee Wee, Gil Hodges, Campenelia, Billy, Casey, Duke and the list goes on. At Ebbets field no less with Red Barber and Mel Allen calling the action from the catbird's seat. (don't have link but just google and you'll find it.) Think I'll tell my elected representatives that viewing should be part of all school children's core curriculum.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Othercousin 324 View Post
    Thanks for the youtube link. It was great viewing and it lead me to game 7 of the 1952 World Series -which was even better. In fact , I thought the camera work on the 52 game was better than the 67 one. They even had split screen. So 52 World Series Game 7 is highly recommended. You'll see a 20 year old Mick, Jackie, Scooter, Yogi, Pee Wee, Gil Hodges, Campenelia, Billy, Casey, Duke and the list goes on. At Ebbets field no less with Red Barber and Mel Allen calling the action from the catbird's seat. (don't have link but just google and you'll find it.) Think I'll tell my elected representatives that viewing should be part of all school children's core curriculum.
    You reminded me; if ever I meet any of you folks in person (again, for some) to relate the story about how my wife brought Mickey Mantle in for show and tell to her elementary school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12