Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: List of overall rankings

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts

List of overall rankings

Hi guys,

This website made a composite of all prospect rankings - http://mlbcpi.blogspot.com/

Based on 10 different sites, the Twins prospects are
    Buxton - 1
    Sano - 7
    Meyer - 28
    Stewart - 39
    Rosario - 79
    Berrios - 106
    Pinto -119
    Thorpe - 144

2. This user likes gunnarthor's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Tibs (02-25-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thorpe is going to rocket up lists after this year. I'm really excited to watch him, Jorge, Stewart, Gonsalves pitch this year. If they all start in Cedar Rapids they will dominate the league.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Thorpe is going to rocket up lists after this year. I'm really excited to watch him, Jorge, Stewart, Gonsalves pitch this year. If they all start in Cedar Rapids they will dominate the league.
    Agreed. That could be a real fun rotation to watch.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    They won't all start there. I'd be surprised if more than 2 of them start the season in CR's rotation. Personally I think Felix Jorge is the only one to start there. I think a second will start in EST but get a call up relatively early as a way to manage innings and the weather.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Another huge assumption about those pitchers dominating the league, obviously other teams too have some intriguing young pitchers.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy10 View Post
    Another huge assumption about those pitchers dominating the league, obviously other teams too have some intriguing young pitchers.
    If you can't get excited about that group of young pitchers....
    Do or do not. There is no try.

What's "FA?" It wasn't listed in the key he had up, but it was the only list that didn't have Buxton number 1 (apparently went Bogaerts/Sano/Buxton, which, fine split hairs if you want, but somebody's always gotta be different for different's sake, don't they?)

At any rate, nice to see the Twins with 4 consensus top 40 guys. The average is ~1 and a number of teams don't have any.
    Last edited by JustinCB; 02-25-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    I am excited about the pitchers mentioned and being in Cedar Rapids this season but surely there are other prospect pitchers with other organizations who will also do fine in that league, the Twins do not have a corner on them I am sure.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am excited about the pitchers mentioned and being in Cedar Rapids this season but surely there are other prospect pitchers with other organizations who will also do fine in that league, the Twins do not have a corner on them I am sure.
    Consult the user Forums on Other29TeamsDaily for information about these exciting prospects.

Senior Member Triple-A
    ashburyjohn - need help in accessing what you mentioned in your post of 2:11 pm today, specifically Other29TeamsDaily. How do I find it on the Twins Daily website?

12. This user likes oldguy10's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (02-25-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ashburyjohn - need help in accessing what you mentioned in your post of 2:11 pm today, specifically Other29TeamsDaily. How do I find it on the Twins Daily website?
    While I assume you are playing along with my little joke, a serious take on this is that if you click on Forums (or Forums Home), below the forums called "Minnesota Twins Talk" and "Twins Minor League Talk" there is "More Baseball", and if you go in there you could start a thread on any topic under the (baseball) sun. I doubt you'll find any threads already there talking much about other teams' prospects, but on any given day you never know.