The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Daily Top 10 Prospects: Recap

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    Why didn't you include BA's ranking of the Twins prospects? Otherwise a helpful prospect review.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not out yet. They were released Feb 19 last year so I assume they'll pop up any day now.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,200 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The other good part about the wealth of talent at AA and above is that there is surely less uncertainty about their floor than if they are still in Rookie ball. The quote about Buxton's floor being Torii Hunter that is making the rounds is probably an exaggeration, but a fun one, and a lot of these guys are looking like locks (barring a revolting development) to be at least productive major leaguers for multiple seasons.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 50 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8 of these 10 guys making top 100 lists...amazing. That seems unusual to me, but maybe that is par for the course.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Thanks guys for doing this top ten review - it was great reading!!

With Stewart and Thorpe being so far away my only comment would be that we could use more pitching!!! You can never have too much pitching!! With injuries this list could shrink fast. If they make any trades of excess outfielders or second basemen I hope its for more young pitching.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 35 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AM. View Post
    8 of these 10 guys making top 100 lists...amazing. That seems unusual to me, but maybe that is par for the course.
    Quite unusual. Not to say it's never been done before, I would bet there is a couple teams every year that get 6-8 prospects. I've always been happy with 4 or more. That means we're at least slightly above average in my mind. Simple math 100/30 = 3 1/3. So I figure if we can hit that four mark that's a good sign. Doubling that? Well that's great. The only guys I think that play enough to graduate from this list are Sano and Meyer. Buxton and Rosario could be close but I think they keep Buxton down until at least September unless he's tearing it up and we're contending. Same for Rosario but mostly due to the suspension.

Oh and I guess Pinto, I keep forgetting he is still a prospect.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Not out yet. They were released Feb 19 last year so I assume they'll pop up any day now.
    Der. I don't know why I thought it was out. I guess I was thinking of their Twins Top 10.

Thanks for the list TD. Why isn't Keplar in the top ten? IMO May is more likely a bullpen arm than a starter.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 50 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by halfchest View Post
    Quite unusual. Not to say it's never been done before, I would bet there is a couple teams every year that get 6-8 prospects. I've always been happy with 4 or more. That means we're at least slightly above average in my mind. Simple math 100/30 = 3 1/3. So I figure if we can hit that four mark that's a good sign. Doubling that? Well that's great. The only guys I think that play enough to graduate from this list are Sano and Meyer. Buxton and Rosario could be close but I think they keep Buxton down until at least September unless he's tearing it up and we're contending. Same for Rosario but mostly due to the suspension.

Oh and I guess Pinto, I keep forgetting he is still a prospect.

Except it isnt 100/30, it's probably more like 150. We are talking about any prospects that made any of these three lists. I am guessing that is at least 130 total players.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heimer View Post
    Thanks for the list TD. Why isn't Keplar in the top ten? IMO May is more likely a bullpen arm than a starter.
    The Twins Daily rankings were a mathematical reasoning of our own thoughts on the Twins top 10. It is different than mine, different from Nick's, etc., but that's just an illustration of prospect rankings. Lists will be similar but opinions vary. I happen to agree with you. Kepler is in my personal top ten in my book, but the others all had May in the top ten, and that's fine. I think I had him #12. I had Kepler around 8.