Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Twins Organizational Depth Chart - Starting Pitchers

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Correct... the top prospects, they aren't afraid to move up quickly. Buxton will likely debut at 21. Sano will likely have just turned 21 when he debuts. They, as they should, move guys according to when they're ready to move.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 40 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Good thoughts all... I did add Hermsen to the AA starting staff. He was on my list, but I didn't type it, I guess. I have Gibbons and Bard in the bullpens.
    Who is going to push Gibbons to the pen? Even if Stewart, Gonsalves and Thorpe all start at Appy that still leaves 2 or 3 starters. Why do you think Gonzalez, who pitched all 20 games last year from the pen, starts instead of Gibbons who was tied with Thorpe for most starts at GCL last season? Gibbons MiLB page also lists him as being on the Twins minor league reserve list but it doesn't list Gonzalez. I've never seen that before...thought it was interesting.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 40 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I don't think anyone clamoring for Gibson to be up here thought having KC and Pelfrey both here again was the best possible answer.....but I will only speak for myself on that. I fail to see how that is inconsistent with wanting them to sign 2 good pitchers in FA.
    Absolutely agree. I wanted the Twins to bring in some above average pitching. They didn't. IMO bringing in Hughes and Pelfrey for multiple years was a big mistake. If either of them prevent a deserving prospect from starting that is a shame.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123