Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Twins Fans Boo Jeter Farewell Tour?

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    Good natured booing? Is that when you boo wearing nothing but a smile?

2. These 3 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (02-13-2014), Oldgoat_MN (02-17-2014), twinsnorth49 (02-13-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 56 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I boo the Yankees as I would the Russian professional wrestler (if I watched professional wrestling).

I also boo Gophers Hockey, cause, it's Gophers Hockey.
    Last edited by LimestoneBaggy; 02-13-2014 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Golden Chokers
    I will one day successfully sneak onto the Sportive Podcast, and have nothing intelligent to say or add to the conversation.

4. This user likes LimestoneBaggy's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (02-13-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    He'll be hurt 15-20 games into the season. The Yanks aren't here until the 4th of July. He won't even be here to boo at that point.

Liked 43 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Shouldn't one always boo all Yankees? Just as a matter of principle? Should Jeter be singled out and not be booed?

7. These 3 users like h2oface's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ericchri (02-14-2014), glunn (02-13-2014), twinsnorth49 (02-13-2014)

Should I go to a Yankees game I will be more than happy to boo Jeter. Put him on the Royals and he is not MLB immortality. He is largely a product of the team he broke through with. For him to break past that stigma, he needed to do so much more than he did with his career. All players are judged through the same lens. That will hurt him.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 42 Times in 32 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    I don't even understand the question. Why would you boo a future hall of famer? Because he beat your team? Really?
    I agree. It must be a cold day in February.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    I just don't see it. I get that he's on the hated Yankees, and I hate the Yankees as much as the next red-blooded American. I also get that he gets fawned over by the media to an almost disgusting degree. On the other hand, he seems like a nice guy, he isn't a juicer, he's been a great player for a long time, and I just don't see anything that stands out that would make me hate him.

Two other things that go in the plus column: 1) He gives gift baskets to his mile-long train of one-night stands, and I may or may not be jealous of him. 2) He hit his 3000th hit (a home run) on my wedding day, which coincidentally put a halt to the very possibility of my having a mile-long train of one-night stands.

11. This user likes 70charger's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

cmathewson (02-14-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    I equate his team with the Soviet Hockey squad but he is cool. That said, I can't boo a wonderful and classy baseball player. He does not hit women, does not get DWIs, does not get busted for PEDs, etc. You hate him because he wins. I wish he played for us.

13. These 2 users like Steve Penz's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Oldgoat_MN (02-17-2014), stringer bell (02-15-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 56 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd be willing to make signs that read: "I respect your achievements in baseball, but you're a Yankee and therefore will be summarily booed."

I'm pretty sure it's in our contract as Twins fans to boo the Yankees (albeit in good nature). It's right above the clause that provide the White Sox suck, and right below the clause about feeling sorry for Indians fans.
    I will one day successfully sneak onto the Sportive Podcast, and have nothing intelligent to say or add to the conversation.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    Perhaps every boo should be accompanied by a donation to the Turn 2 Foundation. That would show we're good as well as good natured.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12