Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: TD Top Prospects: #5 Eddie Rosario

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: TD Top Prospects: #5 Eddie Rosario

It probably has been noted and I have missed it......does anyone know specifically what the drug was he was suspended over? PED? Weed? TY

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

Seth Dont you mean Arcia?

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclemat View Post
    It probably has been noted and I have missed it......does anyone know specifically what the drug was he was suspended over? PED? Weed? TY
    it was Rosario and Arcia in Elizabethton, when Rosario hit more HRs is Arcia wh you are comparing with?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 242 Times in 175 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I believe mlb has two classifications, performance enhanching and drug of abuse. From there they don't go into detail. this was a drug of abuse (recreational)
    Last edited by tobi0040; 02-10-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 104 Times in 66 Posts
    I believe it was black tar heroin. I could be mistaken.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,513 Times in 792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Eddie Rosario, star of the upcoming documentary "The Baseball Diaries".

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huhguy View Post
    it was Rosario and Arcia in Elizabethton, when Rosario hit more HRs is Arcia wh you are comparing with?
    No, it's always been Sano and Rosario. They've been like Batman and Robin their whole trip through the system. Arcia was always ahead of them a level or two.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Eddie Rosario, star of the upcoming documentary "The Baseball Diaries".
    I thought it was meth and he was going to be the star of a new show called "Breaking Bats"

9. These 2 users like nicksaviking's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

snepp (02-10-2014), Willihammer (02-10-2014)

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    Joking or for real? if it true, the Twins need to dump him as soon as posible or put him in a 9 month treatment facility

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    Big believer....big fan. He's a long term MLB starter. I think he possibly pushes Dozier to be dealt in the next year or two. Or, if Hicks fails, he's your starting LFer.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huhguy View Post
    Here are the E-Town numbers from the big three. Rosario and Sano played in E-Town in 2011. Arcia was there in 2010.

In 2011:

Eddie Rosario hit .337/.397/.670 (1.068) with 9 doubles, 9 triples, 21 homers and 60 RBI.

Miguel Sano hit .292/.352/.637 (.988) with 18 doubles, 7 triples, 20 homers and 59 RBI.

In 2010:

Oswaldo Arcia hit .375/.424/.672 (1.096) with 21 doubles, 7 triples, 14 homers and 51 RBI.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,513 Times in 792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Joking or for real? if it true, the Twins need to dump him as soon as posible or put him in a 9 month treatment facility
    Clearly a joke. I'm pretty confident in saying that Eddie Rosario is not a purveyor or fan of black tar heroin.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Clearly a joke. I'm pretty confident in saying that Eddie Rosario is not a purveyor or fan of black tar heroin.
    thanks....
    In this game you never know, was it Doc Ellis of the Pirates who pitched a world series game on LSD? or the Yankee relief Pitcher Howe(?) who was suspended 7 times for cocain abuse?

You got a No No goin..Hilarious details from Doc himself

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    thanks....
    In this game you never know, was it Doc Ellis of the Pirates who pitched a world series game on LSD? or the Yankee relief Pitcher Howe(?) who was suspended 7 times for cocain abuse?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 35 Times in 30 Posts
    What I believe I heard was it was considered a "drug of abuse" however the story I read was that it was a painkiller he had previously been approved to take. When he was in pain again he took it again but without a prescription therefore it was considered a drug of abuse in this scenario. Hopefully was just an honest mistake, maybe this was just a bs coverup story to keep him from looking bad. That is what I remember reading awhile back though.

Quote Originally Posted by halfchest View Post
    What I believe I heard was it was considered a "drug of abuse" however the story I read was that it was a painkiller he had previously been approved to take. When he was in pain again he took it again but without a prescription therefore it was considered a drug of abuse in this scenario. Hopefully was just an honest mistake, maybe this was just a bs coverup story to keep him from looking bad. That is what I remember reading awhile back though.
    Yeah, there's a story in the PP wherein he claims he took pain killers:

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_2...ame-suspension

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 242 Times in 175 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Here are the E-Town numbers from the big three. Rosario and Sano played in E-Town in 2011. Arcia was there in 2010.

In 2011:

Eddie Rosario hit .337/.397/.670 (1.068) with 9 doubles, 9 triples, 21 homers and 60 RBI.

Miguel Sano hit .292/.352/.637 (.988) with 18 doubles, 7 triples, 20 homers and 59 RBI.

In 2010:

Oswaldo Arcia hit .375/.424/.672 (1.096) with 21 doubles, 7 triples, 14 homers and 51 RBI.
    I think Rosario will ultimately be traded because I think he will have more value in another organization. He provides the most value at 2B, then CF, then a corner OF spot.

It seems the consensus is he is unlikely to stick at 2B for defensive reasons. His bat profiles as above average at CF, but it is very unlikely he beats out Buxton. And .280-.290, 10-14 HR, and 25-30 2B is at best an average corner outfielder offensively (although above average defensively). I agree with his prospect ranking here at #5 regardless.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Even though the consensus is about his ability or not to be a decent second baseman should not this be properly determined by Twins' field management and arrived at early on this spring while also taking into account his suspension and what that could ultimately mean in future seasons?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    I don't think there is any consensus he can't stick at 2B. He's been doing it for only 2 years.

I don't get how being an "average" corner OF is not valuable to this team. Arcia might be best as a DH. Or maybe Hicks can't hit at all. Or maybe both!

The only way I'd trade him is for an elite arm, or an elite SS.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 814 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I don't think there is any consensus he can't stick at 2B. He's been doing it for only 2 years.

I don't get how being an "average" corner OF is not valuable to this team. Arcia might be best as a DH. Or maybe Hicks can't hit at all. Or maybe both!

The only way I'd trade him is for an elite arm, or an elite SS.
    Robinson Cano started out his minor league career at the opposite end of the fielding spectrum @ SS, and a little 3B, before moving him full-time to 2B in his 3rd professional year. 2 years and a month more in the minors at the position, he still struggled the first few years, and it's fair to say he grew into the position.

Rosario may never have the glove that Cano has, but his career thus far at the plate makes it extra-desirable to see how this experiment plays out, as he could definitely become an MLB top-5 offensive Second Baseman based on the #s below, and Dozier would be the one traded instead.

Compare the Minor League numbers of Cano and Rosario, both are 6' and similarly built, and imagine Rosario, when he puts on the 20 additional pounds of muscle that Robbie currently plays with:

Cano (5 years Minor League): .278/.337/.425/.756
    Rosario (4 years Mi. League): .307/.358/.510/.867
    Last edited by jokin; 02-10-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast