Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the Twins watchable at this point?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

Are the Twins watchable at this point?

I have to say the only things I enjoyed about watching the game last night was listening to tk, watching Valencia be horrible again, and willingham is really on, I know I would have turned the channel in about the 3rd inning if it was Richard and Bert. Blacburn was brutal, Maloney was bad, and then the Twins couldn't get hits when they needed it most and I didn't even expect anything less at that point. Yes I was wrong thinking the twins would win 5/6, I am scared that the royals are going to get their season on track vs the twins.
    Last edited by rogrulz30; 04-24-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Liked 345 Times in 196 Posts
    They're watchable in the same way that you watch disaster footage. Maybe like a flood since it is so slow moving and prolonged.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    In front of me, I am looking at tickets for 28 more games.

Remember folks, Season Tickets are still available.

Or

Put down a deposit for next year.
    Last edited by Highabove; 04-24-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought that the plays Carroll was making were worth watching

Liked 1,035 Times in 470 Posts
    Over 9000 tix available on Stubhub for the rest of the homestand, starting at $5. Legends Club seats tomorrow night for $20. Home plate box for $28.

I'll keep watching, because that's what we do when we're fans. I probably won't be as excited to go to a game, but will take advantage of some of those cheap tickets. Lets keep telling ourselves it is only April and things can change quickly.

I watch about 140 games a year. Win or lose its baseball and its the Twins.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey, if anyone wants to dump some of their season tix later this year, let me know. I'll get a few games off from the roofdeck, and even if the team is terrible my 5 year old will have fun

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Not saying I won't watch the games if they are on, I will be here, and watching games all year. I have a big problem watching bad pitching though, and we are in for it this year. I also have a problem with watching 0 emotion except for Jamey Carroll and Ryan Doumit this year. At 38 Jamey Carroll has more enthusiasm than anybody on the team IMO.

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I will always watch the Twins and go to games. I am a life long fan and love the game for what it is. But my frustration level is off the charts right now watching such bad baseball. I can deal with stretches of losing when guys are playing with pride and staying competitive but this is just ridiculous.
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm frustrated as anyone, but I can't imagine it ever being so bad that I wouldn't watch them. I'm actually thrown by the question, cuz I just don't get the concept of not watching the team your a fan of.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 590 Times in 318 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I'm frustrated as anyone, but I can't imagine it ever being so bad that I wouldn't watch them. I'm actually thrown by the question, cuz I just don't get the concept of not watching the team your a fan of.
    ++1........deciding not to watch your team means your a non-fan.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Hell ya, they will win tomorrow!

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I feel confident that Hendriks can give us a quality start tomorrow and hopefully that bats can do some damage.
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"

Watching our pitchers is cruel and unusually painful. It seemed like an endless stream of doubles were being hit to the outfield walls last night by the Red Sox. My wife kept saying "Take the pitcher out, he's getting demoralized!" (She's very empathetic.) I responded "Somebody has to pitch tomorrow night sweetie! Think of the poor guy they put in next--would you rather have one guy demoralized or several?" Our solution is to have two tvs set up side-by-side so we can watch something else at the same time while averting our eyes as Twins' pitchers are punished. Carroll and Willingham have been bright spots though. Every time I see Carroll make a play I think "We wouldn't have made that play last year. It's a beautiful thing!"

And Tom Kelly is a joy to listen to, funny and insightful. It was especially fun when Hrbek joined the broadcast and they started talking about past games like they happened yesterday. They referred to a play where Hrbek did a bellyflop on the basepaths and came up short of the bag and was out by a mile. TK said "It's good that we can laugh about it now!" implying that he was not happy with Hrbie when it happened. It seemed that Hrbek was squirming a bit at the turn that the conversation had taken which made it even funnier. I vaguely recall the game they were talking about. I think TK mentioned that it happened during a game in which the Twins made a triple play (or two?) and still lost the game.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I knew posting the question would be interesting. I love Twins Baseball. I love baseball in general, I blame myself for having higher expectations, thinking that the lineup was decent enough to be competitive, and always bragging up the Twins to my good friend (Brewers fan, Twins hater). I personally see no life to the team which makes it tough to watch to be honest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As a Target Field employee, I REALLY want them to to do better, because it makes work a whole lot more fun when they aren't sucking. That said, there are still bright spots, and it's still just April

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    The bandwagon has stopped for repairs. Anybody feeling like the no longer want to ride, please feel free to exit at this time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't care if they're losing by 5 or 10 runs, when my 5 year old gets excited because Mauer or her new 2nd favorite "Mr Hammer" got a hit, it makes it worth watching

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast