Thread: Game Thread: Braves at Twins 1991 World Series Game 1

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 191 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries

Game Thread: Braves at Twins 1991 World Series Game 1

Well its that time of year again, time for the Genitalia-Freezing Classic. Tonight we have hard throwing righthander Black Jack Morris facing off against soft-tossing southpaw Charlie Leibrandt. It should be a good one!

Some things to think about

1. Think about how bad the Braves were last year. 97 losses. They were outscored by 141 runs.

2. Think about how bad the Twins were last year. Only 1 hitter to hit more than 20 HRs (Hrbek). Only one pitcher to win 10 games (Tapani).

3. Think about Minnesota kids. Jack Morris and Greg Olson were Minnesota kids once. Would they be here today if it weren't for Bob Allison, Harmon Killebrew, and Rod Carew?

4. Think about the combined sopping power of 55,000 homer hankies and the biomass that will be expelled into them and flagged around the heads of surrounding humans tonight.

5. Think about this cool dome. Man, I hope we never tear it down.

Watch the game here. First pitch around 7:05

http://instasynch.com/rooms/Willihammer

2. This user likes Willihammer's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

B Richard (01-27-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 191 Times in 109 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I guess Hrbek qualifies as a Minnesotan too.

This should be a good series. If you could guarantee me the Twins win it, then I hope it goes 7 games...and if it comes down to game 7, give me Morris any day. The Twins veteran lineup should get it done. Twins in 5!

Atlanta has some nice prospects, but I think they're just relying too much on their young guys to get them this far. Glavine had a great year but I'd like to see him repeat it. This could be the decade of the Pittsburgh Pirates but I could definitely see Atlanta making another playoff run a few years down the road.......

5. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Willihammer (01-27-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    I love everything about the open. The prologue, the intro music, Pat O'Brien's mustache. CBS received a lot of flak about their sports coverage but no one got you jacked for a big game like they did. Their football intros were always amazing too.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts
    Spoiler alert: twins in 7

8. These 3 users like SpiritofVodkaDave's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (01-27-2014), diehardtwinsfan (01-28-2014), snepp (01-27-2014)