Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Baseball prospectus rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Oxtung View Post
    Russell....not sure. Probably not. As you said he's not on the same level offensively and not elite defensively as the others.
    I've never seen him play but Keith Law his him ranked 3rd overall and calls him "one of the best pure hitters in the minors". If that's true I'd trade Sano for him in a heartbeat, as much as I would hate to trade Sano.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLA_YANKEE_COLA View Post
    I've never seen him play but Keith Law his him ranked 3rd overall and calls him "one of the best pure hitters in the minors". If that's true I'd trade Sano for him in a heartbeat, as much as I would hate to trade Sano.
    Hadn't seen that one yet. MLB.com says he's a 60 Hit, 60 Power, 55 Field. BA says he has the best hit tool, best defensive infielder and is the best athlete in the Athletics organization; though his actual scouting report is behind the paywall as is Baseball Prospectus'.

If he is as good a hitter as Law thinks than I agree that it would be a good trade. Russell doesn't seem to have the concerns about sticking at SS which is huge from a positional value perspective and can potentially make up for the lower power potential compared to Baez and Correa. I think I'd still rather have Lindor the most but as I said earlier that is my own biases showing up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234