Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Prospects Rank High On MLB's Positional Rankings

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Prospects Rank High On MLB's Positional Rankings

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Buxton got all the love on the unveiling show of the the top 50, and "stands apart" at #1 of all prospects. Sano gets a little talk, and drops one spot to #4 overall, and Meyer at 28 and Stewart at #40 basically get their names read as others get the air time love. Rosario is out of the top 100, and Berrios comes in at 90.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 237 Times in 171 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by h2oface View Post
    Buxton got all the love on the unveiling show of the the top 50, and "stands apart" at #1 of all prospects. Sano gets a little talk, and drops one spot to #4 overall, and Meyer at 28 and Stewart at #40 basically get their names read as others get the air time love. Rosario is out of the top 100, and Berrios comes in at 90.
    I would like to point out the difference on the 20-80 scale between Buxton and everyone else. They have Buxton at a 75 overall, prospects 2-15 are all 65.

#1 Prospects fail at times. Dice-K (2007), Delmon (2006), Marte (2005), Rick Ankiel as a pitcher (2000), but it is hard to see how Buxton could. His defense, speed, and arm should always be with him. So even if he was a below average hitting CF, he should see 500 at bats. It is hard to see how anything under .270, 8-10 HR, 40+ SB could be possible. I think he will be much better in all categories, but it is hard to see a floor under that.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/wat...list=prospects

Call me a homer but I think we should have more on this list. Rosario should be on this list but with the PED suspension I could understand if he was blackballed. Wonder where/if Hicks or Arcia would be on here if the weren't rushed to the big leagues and disappoint. I saw Jackie Bradley was still on here even though he was comparable to Hicks: tore up spring training and earned himself a spot on the opening day roster but then stunk up the joint. Also, not sure what Sano did to drop from 3 to 4. Taveras was hurt most of the year but did well in AAA. Bogaerts put up similar overall stats in the same league but is a year older and you could argue that he could have graduated from this list.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,178 Times in 1,688 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever34 View Post
    Hicks or Arcia would be on here if the weren't rushed to the big leagues and disappoint.
    Hicks, check.

Arcia: 102 OPS+ at age 22. What were your expectations, the Triple Crown?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever34 View Post
    Call me a homer but I think we should have more on this list. Rosario should be on this list but with the PED suspension I could understand if he was blackballed. Wonder where/if Hicks or Arcia would be on here if the weren't rushed to the big leagues and disappoint. I saw Jackie Bradley was still on here even though he was comparable to Hicks: tore up spring training and earned himself a spot on the opening day roster but then stunk up the joint. Also, not sure what Sano did to drop from 3 to 4. Taveras was hurt most of the year but did well in AAA. Bogaerts put up similar overall stats in the same league but is a year older and you could argue that he could have graduated from this list.
    I think it has just as much to do with his failing to hit very well in AA and there are doubts about him sticking at 2B.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    "I think it has just as much to do with his failing to hit very well in AA and there are doubts about him sticking at 2B." I assume you are talking about Rosario. Tore it up in A+. In double A he hit .284. Not awesome but hardly a fail..

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 237 Times in 171 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes929 View Post
    "I think it has just as much to do with his failing to hit very well in AA and there are doubts about him sticking at 2B." I assume you are talking about Rosario. Tore it up in A+. In double A he hit .284. Not awesome but hardly a fail..
    I thought he should have been in the top 100 too, until I looked at mlb's position rankings. They have him as the 8th best 2b. Five of the guys ahead of him had a higher ops in 2012 and one or two guys behind him had a higher ops as well.