Thread: Article: Introducing: The Eddie 400

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Liked 46 Times in 23 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Introducing: The Eddie 400

Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

With my beloved Luis Perdomo no longer with the organization, I will honor his memory by joining the fight for his pal Eduardo Escobar. (Besides, if there's any chance Eddie walks up to a song from Grease 400 times, that's simply too hilarious to pass up.)

I suggest a stealth campaign to build grassroots support for the Eddie 400. Whenever a shot of jag goes out to a party of people at a local club, the Eddie 400 logo will be there, on the napkin to create the positive mental association between Eduardo Escobar and plentiful drinking. Because, as we know, once you get the young people, the old people will follow out of shame.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Being a good guy is one thing, still have to be able to play at a higher level than the other player is another. It does not warrant a change when your ceiling is the guy you want to unseat. Now, if his ceiling was an Ian Desmond type numbers, I could support the notion. Thata is not Escobar.

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
    Being a good guy is one thing, still have to be able to play at a higher level than the other player is another. It does not warrant a change when your ceiling is the guy you want to unseat. Now, if his ceiling was an Ian Desmond type numbers, I could support the notion. Thata is not Escobar.
    Donuts to dollars he will be better with the bat than Florimon and pretty close with the glove at SS (his best defensive position)
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

I agree with Thrylos. Eddie has a lot more upside with the bat and I think their defensive skill is similar with a slight advantage going to Pedro on the defense side.

I really enjoyed this artical and made me LOL several times. It came to the point where my co-workers were asking what I was laughing about! Perhaps it's for that reason, I am on board with your Eddie400 campain. Besides, what can it hurt!? It's not like were benching Cal Ripken Jr. or Ozzie Smith to see what the kid can do...

6. This user likes joebush44's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Brad Swanson (03-18-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eddie may get a chance to go for the Eddie 400. If Flo can't figure out the bat this spring (and he's looked lost in limited duty since surgury) Eddie may very well be the opening day starter, and I for one hope he holds onto that spot for a spell. I'd like to see him split time with Plouffe at 3B once Flo is back and healthy as well. More Eddie, more often.

8. This user likes Paul Pleiss's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,215 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    Eddie may get a chance to go for the Eddie 400. If Flo can't
    Flo? Eddie, Flo? Flo and Eddie? I didn't catch that until now!

Approves:

W29_pasted_2.jpeg

10. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (03-18-2014)

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I just saw Eduardo down at Fort Myers, and he had the best day for any Twin on the offense and defense. I approve the Eddie 400.

Now, where should I get my Eddie 400 tattoo?

12. This user likes Danchat's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 47 Times in 32 Posts
    Those are some difficult arguments to overcome. Happy players do make for a happy clubhouse.

I have always wanted to see what the Twins have in EE, but in the end it probably doesn't matter because someone else will be playing shortstop when it really matters. I don't think it would hurt to see what EE can bring as we already know what Florimon can and cannot do.

Is he still wearing No. 5? Roy Smalley sure wore it for a lot of years. Before him Danny Thompson, and before him, Leo Cardenas wore it for a year or two. So, maybe you are on to something.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Liked 46 Times in 23 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchat View Post
    I just saw Eduardo down at Fort Myers, and he had the best day for any Twin on the offense and defense. I approve the Eddie 400.

Now, where should I get my Eddie 400 tattoo?
    I can do it:

memento_eddie400_tattoo.jpg
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!