Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Q&A with JO Berrios (English version)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Q&A with JO Berrios (English version)

So humble. I don't know how you can't be a JO fan after reading this.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 106 Times in 62 Posts
    I like his answer to what his strengths are: "the strikeouts."

Seems like a very coachable, professional kid.

Thanks Seth!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 184 Times in 113 Posts
    I've read in a lot of places scouts/FO types commenting on Berrios work ethic and training (along with stuff). That's great to see and it's good to see Berrios mentioning it himself. I really like this guy, hope he makes it.

The only thing not to like about this kid is his terrible taste in movies.

Major League: Back to the Minors?!?! C'Mon Man!

6. This user likes mdawg888's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

BigTrane (01-23-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He is still a starter though right? Nice article...I like that he wants to strikeout people.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
    1) Excellent stuff, Seth~ this is what keeps me coming back (multiple times) each day. Please keep it coming and thanks for the hard work and effort!

2)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdawg888 View Post
    The only thing not to like about this kid is his terrible taste in movies. Major League: Back to the Minors?!?! C'Mon Man!
    As Jo sez, he is "learning every day"... maybe someone going to Twins Fest could set him up with a schwag bag of the good movies?

Love his attitude though, look forward to seeing his stuff.
    Feel free to pile on about Suzuki.

>The only thing not to like about this kid is his terrible taste in movies.

This caught my eye as well. Very concerning...

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I met him in Cedar Rapids last year. Seems like a nice young man. I thought his English was pretty good. He is still very young. I hope he takes big steps forward this year.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ping pong is a great sport for people that relocate a lot. Jo sounds like a good young man with a solid plan. Get better at striking people out.

Liked 46 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good read -- thanks, Seth!

If he starts in the FSL this year, he'll enter that league 16 days younger than Miguel Sano (who was the youngest in that league on Opening Day last year). Even if he doesn't move to Ft Myers until a little later in the year, he'll still be one of the youngest players in the league. I hope he can live up to the challenge!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    I am impressed with not only Berrios attitude and eagerness to improve but also that of Meyer and May. Who else of the young pitchers has impressed anyone with their attitudes?

Quote Originally Posted by mdawg888 View Post
    The only thing not to like about this kid is his terrible taste in movies.

Major League: Back to the Minors?!?! C'Mon Man!
    To be fair: Major League: Back to the Minors does tell the tale of a scrappy bunch of minor leaguers who take on--and out perform--a grumpy, woebegone set of Minnesota Twins.

Maybe JO isn't as much a fan of the cinematic qualities as he is of its ability to predict his/our future (a glorious future where Bob Ueker is our announcer and Scott Bakula is our coach)

Run and hide Kevin Corriea, run and hide.
    Peanuts From Heaven

I remember the day that Jose moved into the house. The conversation went something like this: "Jose, what do you like to eat?" A long pause and Jose says "I no eat shrimp. They make me go POOF!" So needless to say, he didn't eat shrimp. He loves cookie and cream ice cream and he is an EARLY riser. 1st to bed after the baseball game and dinner and was always up by the time I left for work in the morning. He was a joy to have him my home and I wish him nothing but happiness and success.

16. These 4 users like Madre Dos's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

70charger (01-29-2014), ericchri (01-24-2014), Seth Stohs (01-26-2014), Tibs (01-24-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
    Thanks Seth

Keep thinking that signing Johan would be worth it just to see if Jose could learn his change up and pitching style.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would guess that being in CR was a tough adjustment for the him. First time away from the Ocean in a sea of Iowans.
    Poor kid.
    Hope he improves and works on his durability so he can get more innings.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Let me second about Johan teaching Berrios his changeup and pitching style - how awesome would that be!!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsFromHeaven View Post
    To be fair: Major League: Back to the Minors does tell the tale of a scrappy bunch of minor leaguers who take on--and out perform--a grumpy, woebegone set of Minnesota Twins.
    Maybe that's it- Jo is already into to program with the Twins org. and so chooses this one. Not a bad sign.

Didn't want to derail the thread into a movie discussion, but since I've already made my comments, and this thread seems to have quieted down...

1) Any Major League installment without Charlie Sheen is not worth watching (they all have Uecker);
    2) Precisely because we want Jo to succeed, becoming acquainted with Charlie Sheen and his er, lifestyle, Twitter, & er (again), lifestyle habits, etc. early on might not be a bad thing.
    3) I'm overseas now, but if I was in MN, I would totally set him up with a bag of great BB movie DVDs- to "show the love".
    Feel free to pile on about Suzuki.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 163 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92107 View Post
    Ping pong is a great sport for people that relocate a lot. Jo sounds like a good young man with a solid plan. Get better at striking people out.
    In all reality, I would prefer that he not play ping pong. I play a decent amount of ping pong and I have intermittent shoulder problems, as do some of the people that I play with.

Is it just me, or are there a disproportionate number of baseball movies that feature the Minnesota Twins in some way? This one, Angels in the Outfield, even Moneyball...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast