Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Twins Organizational Depth Chart - Outfielders

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Organizational Depth Chart - Outfielders

Did you intentionally forget to put Colabello on a roster?

and Max Kepler?

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 430 Times in 261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Mastroianni makes the Twins over Hicks and if Willingham plays more than a quarter of his innings at LF (instead of DHing,) the Twins are in for a long season. Mastroianni adds nothing to a roster that has Presley. I still see the Twins adding an OF bat in an 1 year type of contract or trading for someone in his last contract year.

Seth, are you hinting that a Johan signing is in the offing?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Added Colabello and kepler to this, though both were also mentioned in the 1B article.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TPetter View Post
    Seth, are you hinting that a Johan signing is in the offing?
    Never know... wouldn't surprise me. He won't be pitching until June, and I think he knows that the Twins will take care of him and his arm. I think it's 50/50.

A month or so before Eddie Rosario was even rumored to be suspended, I heard that there was internal discussions going on whether to move him back to the outfield. This being because of Dozier's turnaround this year. Since then he's been suspended. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Rosario stayed at 2nd base but played a significant amount of games in the OF this year once he returns. The amount of OF's we have is a strength and will be good leverage in future trade talks.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As you look at your roster projections: Who are some guys that could block a mid season promotion from the lower levels if they played well?

Example: If Nate Roberts plays well at Fort Myer - does he move to New Britain mid season and if he does move to New Britain - who from New Britain gets cut or moves up.

I would like everyones Mid Season promotions and (possible / needed) moves to pull those promotions off..............

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can see all three moving up to AAA during 2014 season.
    Danny Ortiz (LF), Byron Buxton (CF), Mike Kvasnicka (RF)

I can see JD Williams. Roberts and possibly Walker moving to AA during 2014 season

I see Murphy filling in where needed at High A and above based on injuries and such.
    I see Kepler staying in High A all year with his 2015 season being AA & call up possibility.

I also see some trades in the near future for some of these guys. Probably add ons to bigger trades.

Quote Originally Posted by seth stohs View Post
    added colabello and kepler to this, though both were also mentioned in the 1b article.
    touché

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    There will be guys that get released during and at the end of spring training. It's an unfortunate, but necessary, part of the business. In these, you've seen all the names. I'm not going to discuss who is likely to be released throughout the year.

Players move up, and sometimes it's because people get hurt up above. Prospects move up when they're ready, and some guys are at risk because they're just not going to block top guys.

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 204 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tellis205 View Post
    A month or so before Eddie Rosario was even rumored to be suspended, I heard that there was internal discussions going on whether to move him back to the outfield. This being because of Dozier's turnaround this year. Since then he's been suspended. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Rosario stayed at 2nd base but played a significant amount of games in the OF this year once he returns. The amount of OF's we have is a strength and will be good leverage in future trade talks.
    Hmm, it seems to me that if the Twins were serious about trading Rosario they'd want him to play 2B as much as possible. He'd have more trade value if he demonstrates he can be capable there. As a corner outfielder he doesn't really project to be a plus hitter.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    Any chance of Dozier going back to shortstop? At some point I like an infield of Pinto, Sano, Dozier, Rosario and Mauer to go with an outfield of Arcia, Buxton and Hicks.

Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Travis Harrison mentioned yesterday they told him if he was ever going to make the bigs, it would be in the outfield. He played only 3rd base last season and then the outfield in the fall. I look to see him in the outfield alot more this season as he chases the dream.

I assume Arcia is a definite defensive upgrade over Delmon Young?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 526 Times in 346 Posts
    Rosario back to LF, Buxton in CF, Hicks in RF, Arcia at DH.....your 2015 starting Twins OF/DH rotation.

Or, maybe Hicks in LF and Arcia in RF, and ? at DH, with Rosario or Dozier dealt.....

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    Hmm, it seems to me that if the Twins were serious about trading Rosario they'd want him to play 2B as much as possible. He'd have more trade value if he demonstrates he can be capable there. As a corner outfielder he doesn't really project to be a plus hitter.

If it's me, I play him at 2B as long as possible because it will take him 0 time to move back to the OF. He's already very good there. No reason to move him from 2B if there's any chance at all they'll trade him or play him there.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Travis Harrison mentioned yesterday they told him if he was ever going to make the bigs, it would be in the outfield. He played only 3rd base last season and then the outfield in the fall. I look to see him in the outfield alot more this season as he chases the dream.
    And he played there quite a lot before being drafted, in his amateur days, so it makes sense.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManWinter View Post
    I assume Arcia is a definite defensive upgrade over Delmon Young?
    My honest opinion is probably... Not sure yet. But, Arcia should be in right field where I think he'd be just fine. Not great, maybe not even all that good, but just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast