Although we're fortunate to now have a ballpark considered among the best, I will always have a special place in my heart for the giant concrete marshmellow. Some of my favorite memories...
- My first Twins game. I was 5 years old and my mom decided it was time for my first Twins game. Paul Molitor was only a few hits away from 3,000 and I was given a commemorative full-size bat for the day which I still have. What better way to start being a fan of the greatest baseball team ever.
- Countless cheap home run porch seats in left field!
- Dollar dome dogs! 'Nuff said!
- Although not Twins-related, my first Vikings game with my dad in the 2009 divisional round against the Cowboys. We kicked the crap out of them too!
- The last Twins game in the Metrodome ever, game three of the 2009 ALDS.
Farewell, sweet prince...