Minnesota Twins Prospect Handbook 2014
Unless something crazy happens, I will be making the 2014 version of the Minnesota Twins Prospect Handbook available later tonight. In fact, there will be a special Hangout tonight on YouTube (which you can also see here at Twins Daily) in which Jeremy Nygaard and Cody Christie and I will discuss Twins minor leaguers and the process of writing the book this year.
Though we tried to be more concise and efficient in our profiles, we ended up with about 188 pages of Twins minor league content. Included are:
- Stories on my minor league award winners: Miguel Sano (hitter), Taylor Rogers (starting pitcher), Tyler Jones (relief pitcher) and Jake Mauer (manager).
- A Foreword by Twins Daily's John Bonnes.
- Cody wrote an article on The Anatomy of a 5-Tool Player.
- Jeremy wrote articles reviewing a review of the 2013 Twins draft, and another looking forward to the 2014 draft.
- Jeremy also conducted an interview with Twins scout Freddie Thon.
- Season Reviews from each of the four Twins minor league affiliates. Twins Daily contributors Chris Fee (Rochester), Andrew Walter (New Britain) and Steve Buhr (Cedar Rapids) along with Miracle play-by-play guy Adam MacDonald penned these articles.
- The Top prospect lists for myself, Cody and Jeremy.
And most important, there are the prospect profiles. There will be about 150 profiles on Twins minor leaguers. Yes, there are profiles on Byron Buxton, Miguel Sano and Alex Meyer. There are also profiles on Adonis Pacheco and Leonel Zazueta, as well as Jim Fuller and Kevin Thomas, the Twins minor league Rule 5 picks from Thursday.
If you're looking for Christmas gifts for yourself or your Twins fan friends or family, this just might be it. The plan is for it to be available as both an e-book and a paperback book. The e-book is for those who don't like hard copies of anything. The paperback book is great as a coffee table book. When Dick Bremer or Cory Provus talk about a Twins minor leaguer, or a player recently promoted, you can go through the pages and learn a little about the player. It's also great for autographs. The cover is something that will look great autographed and many get the players' profiles autographed.
It's been a ton of work for myself, Jeremy and Cody, but it's exciting that it's close. More information will be available later tonight, and also on the special episode of the Hangouts.
Thanks also to Josh Johnson for designing the cover for the third straight year!Special thanks also to Justin Rinaldi (of Rinaldi Photos) for many pictures used on players of the Kernels and Rock Cats. Also, Linwood Ferguson, a Miracle photographer, and Scott Blanchette, a photographer for the Rock Cats.
Article: Minnesota Twins Prospect Handbook 2014