Game Thread: A's@Twins 9/10 7:10PM
A's: SP Jarrod Parker
Twins: SP Mike Pelfrey
Things to Think About:
1. Think about Jarrod Parker... He's unbeaten in 18 starts... He hasn't lost since May 22nd... That was right about the time that I dropped him in my fantasy league. It was early May and Parker was 1-5 with a 7 plus ERA. He's worked that baby down to 3.57. The Twins can stop that streak tonight!!!
2. Think about the A's lineup... I have some radical thinking and it's square pegs into Twins Daily round holes at times. One of my radical thoughts is this... If you are good enough to make a major league roster... You are good enough to win games. The A's are there to support this radical theory of mine. Take a look at the lineup that they are putting out. With the exception of Cespedes and maybe Lowrie... Everybody in the A's lineup is off the scrap heap... Crisp was tossed aside by the Red Sox for a Royals relief pitcher and allowed to walk by the Royals. Josh Donaldson was a slightly above average Catching Prospect before finding his stride as a 3B. The Pirates and Phillies both gave up on Moss... Callaspo was basically a default 3B for the Angels... Barton is glove first 1B... Vogt was never really voted for and Sogard wears glasses. They compete and they win games... I like Ron Gardenhire and I think Gardy has been short suited with talent in the past few years but when I watch the A's... I tend to think that Ron is running out of motivational steam.
3. Think about the A's Pitching... Another radical theory that I have is this... Starting Pitching is the most important thing and the 2nd most important thing is starting pitching... The third most important thing is starting pitching... The 4th most important thing is decent ball park food. The A's have starting pitching that gives them a chance to win... Colon, Parker and Griffin have been a solid 3 for them. Rookies Gray and Straily have held serve and who knows what will come from Anderson but he's shown talent in the past when healthy. Billy Beane keeps making deals for young arms from other organizations and this pipeline is working. The Twins will compete again when the rotation has quality arms... It won't happen when Buxton and Sano show up... It will happen when the Arms can compete and the rest of the team plays along. Radical thinking... I know.
4. Think about the Twins lineup... Ron is shaking things up... Willingham and Plouffe in the 6 and 7... If Willingham doesn't start figuring things out... he will be batting in the 11 spot soon.
5. Think about Darkness... Last night around 3AM... I woke up and remembered that I forgot to do something at work. I needed my blackberry to take care of it and I left the blackberry on the end table in the living room. It was dark and I didn't want to wake my family so I left the lights off and tried to find the end table. It isn't easy finding stuff in total darkness but I'm able to report that my shin found the end table. When I yelled **** after banging my shin. My wife and family woke up. In the end... I guess I could have turned on the light.