Been a heckuva postseaon, how does it end?
Random thoughts on the passing NFL playoff scene:
- A Raven has made me eat some crow - Joe Flacco, I didn't think you had it in you, but you do
- Colin K. has looked scary good. It will be really interesting to see what he does on football's biggest stage.
- The media lovefest with Tom Brady is out of hand and needs to stop. Every time one of Peyton Manning's teams suffers a postseason disappointment, they pin it all on Peyton. But when the Patriots walk off the field losers in a playoff game they were supposed to win, Teflon Tuck Rule Tommy Boy is absolved of all blame. I watched some post-game stuff on both ESPN and NFL Network, and they went on-and-on about injuries, dropped passes, defensive lapses, etc. I kept waiting for one of them to pipe up and say "oh yeah, and Brady didn't play well." None did, and a couple even defended him, even though he was badly outplayed by Flacco.
- I love the NFL postseason. Please, Christian Ponder, be better than I think you are. I don't care how many degrees below zero it gets, January is awesome if the Vikes are making a deep run.
- Hats off to Tony Gonzalez on an amazing career. Normally I pull for the accomplished vet who has never been to the big dance, but as a Vikes fan who remembers '98, I can't help but feel a certain savage pleasure in watching the Falcons choke away an NFC championship game at home.
- My Super Bowl prediction: Ravens 27-24 in OT. If you're a Niners fan, that's good news for you, I have about a 10% success rate in predicting SB winners.