Midseason Rankings - Hitters
Reading up on Hicks got me thinking that the Twins farm system is actually in pretty solid shape when it comes to bats. Since it is the all star break thought it might be a good time to put together a top ten list and see what others think as well. Here are my top ten hitters:
1. Sano - Too much power.
2. Buxton - This is based on the likes of Law and others. Not going to worry too much about his numbers this year, going to stick with his elite tools.
3. Hicks - Is hitting well and is a plus defender at a premium position.
4. Rosario - Injury set him back, but seemed like he was holding own at 2B.
5. Arcia - Could be anywhere after Sano and I wouldn't argue.
6. Benson - Disaster of a season so far, but won't completely ignore all that happened before.
7. Goodrum - This is a personal preference. Still think he can stick at short.
8. Harrison - Bat seems legit but concerned that he is already destined for 1B.
9. Michael - I still think he is legit and will have a good second half.
10. Hermann - Catching keeps him in top 10.
HM (above rookie ball): Ortiz, Santana