updating the roster to contend
The Morales signing indicates the Twins want to contend. If this is their objective then other changes need to be made. The following are my suggestions. They are a mix of what I want while also considering the reality of what the Twins might do.
1. Morales is added and Kubel is released
2. When Fuld comes back Parmelee is sent back to AAA (if he clears waivers)
1. Santana remains in centerfield as an everyday player and bats leadoff
2. Dozier bats 2nd and stays at 2B
3. Mauer status quo
4. Willingham stays in LF everyday and bats cleanup
5. Morales DHs batting 5th
6. Arcia (when healthy) bats 6th and plays
7. Plouffe keeps doing what he has been
8. Suzuki and Pinto share time catching
9. Escobar bats last and plays everyday at short
Other position players
-Hicks relieves Santana and Arcia a day or 2 a week. It's not ideal for him to stay in the majors but there really isn't anyone else who needs to come up in AAA and Hicks has slowly been getting better.
-Fuld is used primarily as a pinch runner or defensive replacement for Willingham. Shouldn't really get many (any) starts.
-Nunez gives Plouffe and Escobar days off when They need them.
1. Correia is dealt or placed on waivers and Johnson is recalled. I know it is not sexy and we all (yes including me) would like to see May or Meyer up first but Johnson is the right decision. To start with.
1. Burton is released/traded/placed on waivers and replaced by Achter.
2. Guerrier is gone with Tonkin taking his place
More moves would happen as things change but these could all happen in the next week or 2.
Thoughts? Other ideas?