Game Thread: Braves at Twins 1991 World Series Game 1
Well its that time of year again, time for the Genitalia-Freezing Classic. Tonight we have hard throwing righthander Black Jack Morris facing off against soft-tossing southpaw Charlie Leibrandt. It should be a good one!
Some things to think about
1. Think about how bad the Braves were last year. 97 losses. They were outscored by 141 runs.
2. Think about how bad the Twins were last year. Only 1 hitter to hit more than 20 HRs (Hrbek). Only one pitcher to win 10 games (Tapani).
3. Think about Minnesota kids. Jack Morris and Greg Olson were Minnesota kids once. Would they be here today if it weren't for Bob Allison, Harmon Killebrew, and Rod Carew?
4. Think about the combined sopping power of 55,000 homer hankies and the biomass that will be expelled into them and flagged around the heads of surrounding humans tonight.
5. Think about this cool dome. Man, I hope we never tear it down.
Watch the game here. First pitch around 7:05