08-19-2012, 04:00 PM #1
Arizona Fall Lg
Breaking off a topic in another thread....
Who are your predictions for the team.
Each Major League organization is required to provide six players subject to the following requirements:
- All Triple-A and Double-A players are eligible, provided the players are on at least a Double-A level roster no later than Aug. 1.
- One player below the Double-A level is allowed per Major League team.
- One foreign player is allowed, as long as the player does not reside in a country that participates in winter ball, as part of the Caribbean Confederation or the Australian winter league.
- No players with more than one year of credited Major League service as of August 31 are eligible, except a team may select one player picked in the most recently concluded Major League Rule 5 Draft.
- To be eligible, players on Minor League disabled lists must be activated at least 45 days before the conclusion of their respective seasons
Arcia ineligle as he's part of Carribean Winter Lg....Hendriks also part of Australian Lg
I think they will leave off Hicks as he's goin to winter ball
I predict the following 6
Kyle Gibson....think Terry Ryan has already confirmed this
BJ Hermsen....dominated AA, see what he does against the best of his age brackets
Joe Benson.....horrible horrible year, can use this to springboard into 2013?
Lance Ray......be their only A baller, see if he's a AA player next yr as New Brit's OF could be bare
Evan Bigley....goin off what Tom Kelly had to say about him being thought off highly
David Bromberg....try & get him some innings as the Cole DeVries of this AFL & see if he can springboard
If not Bromberg then Matt Hauser ...promoted July 29 (was that a reason??)
08-19-2012, 04:10 PM #2
One year too soon for Kepler/Berrios? Rantz praised both of them during the interview today. (Although, curiously enough, he admitted never seeing Berrios pitch...wait, what?)
08-19-2012, 05:13 PM #3
08-19-2012, 05:20 PM #4
08-19-2012, 05:22 PM #5
08-19-2012, 05:28 PM #6
08-19-2012, 05:50 PM #7
With the logjam of OFs that should be in BEL (or Cedar Rapids), who do you think could be that guy to get to Ft Myers??
Berrios would not be eligible, would he, as bein from Puerto Rico??
08-19-2012, 10:51 PM #8
2) Kepler is young, but he has been with the club for, I believe, at least 3 years now. Berrios thus far has admittedly been pitching like a recent senior grad- that is, a college senior, he clearly is embarassingly overmatching Rookie Level ball. Is there any reason why these two shouldn't be in Fort Myers next year?
3) The OF logjam would take care of itself if the Twins start the dominoes tumbling at the top with a trade or two to bolster the pitching. Dump the Tosoni-level and lower OFers from Fort Myers on up and there is plenty of room to place that logjam. One of the logjammers might even make a nice sweetener in getting a deal done for more pitching.
4) I don't know the rules on the AFL, but is it possible they follow the draft rules and consider Puerto Rico "domestic territory" as Puerto Ricans are eligible for the draft as "domestic" players?
Last edited by jokin; 08-19-2012 at 10:54 PM.
08-19-2012, 11:01 PM #9
Puerto Rico is in the Carrribean Winter Lg so he would be ineligible IF he maintains residence there, I believe.
Agree whole-heartedly in the rest of you arguements
4 position players @ Ft Myers is all that matter (Pinto, Michaels, Santana, Ray & maybe a couple roster fillers), but there are quite a few pitchers that still have promise (prospects like Tonkin or minor league filler).
Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 08-19-2012 at 11:03 PM.