Final Mock Draft
1. Indianapolis- Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2. Washington- Robert Griffin III Baylor
3. Minnesota- Morris Claiborne CB LSU
4. Cleveland- Trent Richardson RB Alabama
5. Tampa Bay- Luke Kuechly LB Boston College
6. St. Louis- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
7. Jacksonville- Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois
8. Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannenhill QB Texas A&M
9. Carolina Panthers- Dontari Poe DT Memphis
10. Buffalo Bills- Matt Kalil OT USC
11. Kansas City Chiefs- Mark Barron S Alabama
12. Seattle Seahawks- Chandler Jones DE Syracuse
13. Arizona Cardinals- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
14. Dallas Cowboys- Michael Brockers DT LSU
15. Philadelphia Eagles- Fletcher Cox DT MIssissippi State
16. New York Jets- Riley Reiff OT Iowa
17. Cincinnati Bengals- Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
18. San Diego Chargers- David Decastro G Stanford
19. Chicago Bears- Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
20. Tennessee Titans- Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
21. Cincinnati Bengals- Kendall Wright WR Baylor
22. Cleveland Browns- Cordy Glenn OT Georgia
23. Detroit Lions- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama
25. Denver Broncos- Doug Martin RB Boise State
26. Houston Texans- Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
27. New England Patriots- Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
28. Green Bay Packers- Shea McClellin LB Boise State
29. Baltimore Ravens- Coby Fleener TE Stanford
30. San Francisco 49ers- Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin
31. New England Patriots- Harrison Smith S Notre Dame
32. New York Giants- Jonathon Martin OT Stanford
Although this is not really "Twins Talk" and is "Vikings Talk", I moved this thread to the Twins Talk forum so that more Twins fans who also follow the Vikings can discuss the draft throughout the weekend.
Vikings get their guy in Matt Kalil with the 4th pick (as they flipped the 3rd pick for the 4th pick, and 4th, 5th and 7th rounders). What do you think?
That was a great trade by the Vikings. Worked out pretty well. Now they have 13 total picks (12 left.) They might still trade up and pick (a DB) today...
Nice trade by the Vikes. I hope they use some of their later picks to move back up into round 3....
The trade to get Harrison Smith at 29 was also great. He's really going to help the secondary.
I like Smith. I think he helps the team, but I would have kept the 2nd rounder, and used their two 4ths to get back into round 2. But, the first day was good. The real key is getting 1-3 more legit NFL players the rest of the way, not guys that make the roster, but guys that contribute.
I'm hoping they figure out a way to turn some more of these picks into a 2nd rounder so they can get one of the WR's left on the board. If they add a potential impact receiver they will have addressed three huge areas of need in one draft. I think they figure that Winfield and Cook are going to start at CB and now Smith and one of the hold overs are their Safetys. It's time to get another weapon for Ponder --though they could really use a MLB too!