Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

South Park: Stick of Truth

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

I'm really not sure how many gamers there are on the board. But I have to admit I'm enjoying this game more than I anticipated; and more than any game I've played in more than a year. I've never been a hardcore South Park fan, and haven't caught a new episode in nearly a decade, but this game is laugh-out-loud funny at nearly every turn, and there's so many references from the original five seasons that I don't feel at all lost in the humor.

I've had a severe cold this past week and this game has made life some what bearable. Check it out, if you've got time to waste.

#2 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

I wish I had time for games nowadays, I'd love to play it. This game has been the subject of every work lunch this week.

#3 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

I wish I had time for games nowadays, I'd love to play it. This game has been the subject of every work lunch this week.

Everyone has time for games.... I haven't played a RPG game since Zelda on Nintendo and usually just stick to pleb Sports games and the occasional FPS every 2 or 3 years....however, I bought this game and blew through it in a few days during down time (and staying up way too late)

The game is utterly fantastic, I am a huge south park fan, and the attention to detail and the script were amazing. Also as a RPG noob, I didn't have much issue picking up the gameplay or pace at all. The turn base battles didn't even get old.

I think the ending of the game lacks a bit, but that reminds me a lot of Team America World Police, I think at some point Stone/Parker sort of realized they just had to finish the damn thing!

Still, amazing game, buy it. You will find the time for it Brock.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

:whacky028::whacky028: :whacky028::whacky028: