Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Jack is Back: Morris will be on FSN and Twins Radio

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

The Twins announced this morning that Jack Morris will be returning to the Minnesota Twins broadcast booth in 2014.

On FS North, he will be a pre and post game analyst (as well Roy Smalley and Tim Laudner). He will also fill in when Bert Blyleven is not there.

He will be on KTWINS from 9:30-11 on Sunday mornings. He'll co-host the Ron Gardenhire Show with Kris Attebery and then host "This is Twins Territory" from 10-11.

#2 BigTrane

BigTrane

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Is this the Coomer replacement?
(Sorry to ask- overseas right now, a bit out of the loop...)
Feel free to pile on about Suzuki.

#3 Blackjack

Blackjack

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Thats good news!!! I always liked listening to Jack's honest analysis and missed his Sunday show after the game was over.

Now I would say the only question is whether to listen Jack or Sid but with the crappy Twins network I doubt that I'll be able to find him, any station that carries the Twins will probably be carrying church services instead!!!

#4 ScottyB

ScottyB

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Is this the Coomer replacement?
(Sorry to ask- overseas right now, a bit out of the loop...)

That's what I'm assuming

#5 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Good, I'm always down for another analyst that ****s on pitch counts.

#6 jctwins

jctwins

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Now if this station can figure out how to carry a game with good pre and late post game we might have something.

#7 KirbyHawk75

KirbyHawk75

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

I will miss Coomer... Will give Jack Morris a chance too... I really like Tim Laudner.. I also would rather have TK over Bert Blyleven. I like Bert, but he is getting a little old though.

#8 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

So after he decided to leave the Twins for Toronto (second time he did that) to boost his HOF potential, he decided to return after the HOF thing did not work.

Blah.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#9 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Now I would say the only question is whether to listen Jack or Sid but with the crappy Twins network I doubt that I'll be able to find him, any station that carries the Twins will probably be carrying church services instead!!!

I know they don't carry the games online, but I assume you can listen to the other shows with their online stream. Just find the "Listen Live" link on the K-TWIN web site:
http://www.ktwin.com/index.php

With any luck, maybe they will even post recordings of the shows when they are done, like their offseason Hot Stove show:
http://www.ktwin.com...php?page_id=971

#10 Blackjack

Blackjack

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

I know they don't carry the games online, but I assume you can listen to the other shows with their online stream. Just find the "Listen Live" link on the K-TWIN web site:
http://www.ktwin.com/index.php

With any luck, maybe they will even post recordings of the shows when they are done, like their offseason Hot Stove show:
http://www.ktwin.com...php?page_id=971

So is that 96.3 the 'official' Twins network station?? Will probably be lucky to pick it up in Delano, let alone Willmar.

#11 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

So is that 96.3 the 'official' Twins network station?? Will probably be lucky to pick it up in Delano, let alone Willmar.

96.3 is the flagship, just like 830 and 1500 before. But you can listen online to 96.3 anytime outside of games, so you should be able to catch the Sunday morning shows regardless of whether you get the signal, or what your local affiliate plays. Just need an internet connection, of course.

#12 UCLA_YANKEE_COLA

UCLA_YANKEE_COLA

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

The mlb at bat app is pretty sweet for listening to games if you have a smartphone or tablet. You can choose whether you want the Twins announcers or the opponents announcers. That's always fun to hear another team. It's $15 per year but, in my opinion, well worth it.

#13 benchwarmerjim

benchwarmerjim

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

Morris is ok, but its too bad the Twins/FSN cant/wont hire an analyst who played baseball this century.

#14 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

The Twins podcast is sweet, didn't know they had that. They actually talk about Twins stuff and not about the brunch they had and how many beers they drank. Wish I had known this was a weekly thing so I could have listened to it instead of 130 episodes where I feel I am Eve's dropping on someones meaningless conversation. ACTUALLY TWINS TALK ON A PODCAST: revolutionary.