Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Top 20 Twins Tweeters Draft

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

On last night's Talk to Contact podcast, the four guys had a quick 5-round draft of the Top 20 Twins Tweeters. The draft order can be found here:

http://www.baseballt...s-tweeters.html

How would you rank the Top 5, Top 10, or Top 20?

#2 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

I forgot to do any research and missed a bunch of great Twins tweeters, but I still stand by my draft. Honorable mention to @GaultcommaSarah @MikeBerardino @TwinzPrez... I could go on and on. The Twins Twitter community is strong.

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, I think Berardino is the logical #1. No one in the Twins media works harder than him!! Doogie is the hardest working scooper in the entire Twin Cities sports scene and is tremendous! Twins have some really terrific beat writers (beyond Berardino) that should be in the discussion too; Rhett Bollinger, Tyler Mason, Brandon Warne, Phil Miller

#4 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:51 AM

Yea, Mike Berardino, not just for the hard work, but for the great interaction with fans, is my overall #1.
Andrew Walter
Twins Fan From Afar
Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
http://twinsfanfroma...gspot.com<br />Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

#5 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

Just for kicks, I took a look at the list of roughly 200 accounts I follow on Twitter. About 75% (about 150) of them I would classify as accounts I follow out of a mutual interest of some type in the Twins organization.

Of that 150 or so, just over half are directly employed by the Twins or one of their minor league affiliates, either front office staff or players in the Twins organization.

Of the remaining 70ish accounts, about 20-25 are what I would classify as "professional media," in that their primary job is to cover the Twins and/or their affiliates (or that was their job when I initially followed them and I just haven't unfollowed them even though they may no longer have that job). Some of these writers do have other beats to cover during the baseball offseason, of course.

The remaining 45 or so accounts are what I would consider Twins fans active to some degree on social media. Some are not very active at all. Some are extremely active, to the point of maintaining or regularly contributing to active Twins-based blogs.

Obviously, there are some people on the list that could arguably fall in to either the "professional" or "fans" category. Several of the "fans," make a buck or two from their writing about the Twins, but it's not their primary means of feeding themselves. This would include the Twins Daily folks and, I suppose, even myself.

I didn't try to rank anyone, but it was a bit eye-opening to realize just how active the Twins social media contingent is because this list is far from exhaustive. I would bet that my "follow" list of 200 or so accounts is pretty small by most standards within this community.
I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~