Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Winter League Update - 10/29/13

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...r-League-Update

#2 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Santana needs to work on his walks...man. I have high hopes for this guy but his SO/BB is worriesome. His winter stats follow that trend

Ibarra is he a MFA?

#3 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• 2,044 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Ibarra is he a MFA?

Correct.

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Correct... unless he is added to the 40 man roster before the completion of the World Series.

#5 DJL44

DJL44

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Cole DeVries may need to start filling out coaching applications soon. He's been awful and he was never thought of that highly to begin with.

#6 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• 2,044 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Cole DeVries may need to start filling out coaching applications soon. He's been awful and he was never thought of that highly to begin with.

He's also a likely free agent, so I shouldn't have included him.

#7 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Thanks, Jeremy.

Given that I think the Twins have good trade value in their current relievers, I do think that they should protect the next group of guys. Maybe this involves risking Vargas. I like Achter, Watts, Oliveros, and Ibarra.

Anyway, Polanco is good. I still want to know what SS potential he has. Niko isn't performing as well and might be a third baseman anyway?

#8 Jeff A

Jeff A

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Escobar is hitting well so far after hitting well in two months at AAA. There's a chance this improvement could be real.

#9 Zephrin

Zephrin

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

You discuss Polanco in the 2B of the future conversation. I thought he played SS?

#10 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• 2,044 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

In the same infield as Goodrum, Polanco will play 2B. Goodrum has better range and a cannon. (Goodrum led the minors in PO/G.) I think Polanco could probably be a serviceable SS in the minors, but would be much better suited at 2B. Polanco played SS this year while Goodrum was concussed and committed the same amount of errors at SS and 2B with 60 more chances at 2B. I get the impression that he could look really good at 2B and look overmatched at SS (in a very Brian Dozieran sort of way).

At any rate, it's going to be interesting to see what happens with Polanco if he continues to improve.