Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

The Doumit, Willingham trade challenge

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

This tread has nothing to do with debating whether or not these aging has-been players should NOT be traded. It is about them BEING TRADED in the offseason.

Now here are the parameters:

1. No sane NL team would want these two players, so we are restricting this search to the AL

2. These guys will be traded separately and with at most some middling prospect like Zach Jones, Tyler Duffey, or DJ Baxendale

3. The return must be a pitcher for each.

4. Said pitcher must be under 26 by April 1, 2014.

5. Said pitcher must have a K/9 of 8.0 at least in EITHER or last season OR his career.

I am excited to see who we can dig up. I am not counting on the Twins doing this because it is a woefully mismanaged organization, but this is for fun.

#2 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

And if it isn't clear that such aging veterans at the end of their contracts aren't in need of moving BEFORE 2014, then I feel sorry for you. The Twins must get something for these guys and yet must also play younger players for the future. You know, this is to establish what is needed going forward instead of filling the roster with dead ends.

#3 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

Under 26 with a K/9 over 8 is a pretty good pitcher - especially if they are in the majors. Doubt you could get such a return on the guys you listed.

These are the guys I could find that roughly fit your categories did not look at career only 2013:
[TABLE="width: 458"]
[TR]
[TD]Name[/TD]
[TD]Team[/TD]
[TD] k/9[/TD]
[TD] ERA[/TD]
[TD] FIP[/TD]
[TD] Age[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Yu Darvish[/TD]
[TD]Rangers[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11.89[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.83[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.28[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]26[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Sale[/TD]
[TD]White Sox[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9.49[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.07[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.17[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]24[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Derek Holland[/TD]
[TD]Rangers[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.99[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.42[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.44[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Tillman[/TD]
[TD]Orioles[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.81[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.71[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4.42[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]25[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Felix Doubront[/TD]
[TD]Red Sox[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.71[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4.32[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.78[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]A.J. Griffin[/TD]
[TD]Athletics[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.7[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.83[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4.55[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jose Quintana[/TD]
[TD]White Sox[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.38[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.51[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.82[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rick Porcello[/TD]
[TD]Tigers[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.22[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4.32[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.53[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Its possible I missed some, but it looks like you would have to sweeten the deal quite a bit to get players of this caliber

Since you are trading a prospect, I imagine that you are not looking to go diamond ming like Ryan did in the Butera Deal. But the Blue Jays might be looking for catcher help and they have a good system. But Doumit w/o the prospects might be able to land such AA pitchers as:

Deck Mcguire - ERA4.81 FIP: 3.58 - age 25 in AA
Dennis Tepera - ERA 4.50 FIP: 4.38 age 24 in AA

Edited by clutterheart, 10 October 2013 - 01:33 AM.

#4 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

This tread has nothing to do with debating whether or not these aging has-been players should NOT be traded. It is about them BEING TRADED in the offseason.

1. No sane NL team would want these two players, so we are restricting this search to the AL

2. These guys will be traded separately and with at most some middling prospect like Zach Jones, Tyler Duffey, or DJ Baxendale

5. Said pitcher must have a K/9 of 8.0 at least in EITHER or last season OR his career.

I am excited to see who we can dig up. I am not counting on the Twins doing this because it is a woefully mismanaged organization, but this is for fun.

Honestly, I dont' see Ryan getting much value for either of these guys this offseason. I see them as deadline moves if they bounce back.

#5 AM.

AM.

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

Ok, I'll play:

Dellin Betances, New York Yankees, career K/9 10.1, 2013 K/9 11.6 (turns 26 a week before your April 1 deadline)
John Lamb, KC Royals, career K/9 8.5, 2013 7.1, turns 24 in July
Manny Banuelos, career K/9 9.1, 2013 n/a, turns 23 in March

Betances has terrible control, Lamb fell apart in 2013, and Banuelos missed 2013 with at TJ.

I think the 2013 K rate is a bad criterion. If they were good last year, Willingham and Doumit wouldn't net them. This exercise should be about finding guys who were very good a few years ago, and have fallen off track. Pitchers can take several years to put it all together at the highest levels, so finding guys with good lower minors track records should be the starting point.

#6 MichiganTwins

MichiganTwins

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

Drew Butera's pitching stats fit, but he is too old shoot.

#7 raindog

raindog

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

I would trade Doumit for a bag of balls, and that's about all you could expect for him.

Willingham can have more value during the season. At least, he's not going to lose value.

#8 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

And if it isn't clear that such aging veterans at the end of their contracts aren't in need of moving BEFORE 2014, then I feel sorry for you. The Twins must get something for these guys and yet must also play younger players for the future. You know, this is to establish what is needed going forward instead of filling the roster with dead ends.

Doumit's place on the Twins team next year is entirely dependent on whether or not Mauer will catch. Doumit isn't a good catcher but I'm not willing to start the season with Pinto and Hermann as pretty much the only options if Mauer is moved to 1B. If Mauer is a catcher next season then Doumit needs to be gone but aiming high is getting a Miguel Sulbaran or Duke Welker level prospect for him. Doumit literally has zero trade value but somehow the Twins got a prospect for Butera.

I also don't think Willingham should be traded unless there is a legitimately good prospect involved. His trade value is pretty low right now and a trade will most likely look like a complete salary dump for the sake of getting rid of him.

And who exactly is willingham blocking at DH/OF? Arcia is the only player that really deserves playing time and even he could use some time in AAA next season. I'm definitely not okay with starting the season with Parmelee as a starter and have a bunch of Clete thomas's and Wilkin Ramirez's as plan B in case he fails. And there still isn't a good DH option which is willy's best position.

#9 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

Concur with Kab. I don't understand the obsession with getting everyone with any history of major league success off the team.

#10 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

I suggest we dig up the following:

Baxendale, 22, career 7.6 K/9
Duffey, 22, career 7.6 K/9
z. Jones, 22, career 12.6 K/9
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#11 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Doumit's place on the Twins team next year is entirely dependent on whether or not Mauer will catch. Doumit isn't a good catcher but I'm not willing to start the season with Pinto and Hermann as pretty much the only options if Mauer is moved to 1B. If Mauer is a catcher next season then Doumit needs to be gone but aiming high is getting a Miguel Sulbaran or Duke Welker level prospect for him. Doumit literally has zero trade value but somehow the Twins got a prospect for Butera.

I also don't think Willingham should be traded unless there is a legitimately good prospect involved. His trade value is pretty low right now and a trade will most likely look like a complete salary dump for the sake of getting rid of him.

And who exactly is willingham blocking at DH/OF? Arcia is the only player that really deserves playing time and even he could use some time in AAA next season. I'm definitely not okay with starting the season with Parmelee as a starter and have a bunch of Clete thomas's and Wilkin Ramirez's as plan B in case he fails. And there still isn't a good DH option which is willy's best position.

This post is exactly right. Willingham can easily improve his trade value by having a few healthy months to start the season and he isn't blocking anyone. Trading now would be a mistake.

Frankly, the only two Twins that have strong trade value right now would be Perkins and possibly Dozier. (Burton and Fein might have some ok value as well). I'd much rather Ryan works the phones to see what he can get for Perkins this offseason.

#12 Boom Boom

Boom Boom

• Members
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'd trade Doumit for whatever I could get. I get that Mauer's future as a catcher is in doubt but I honestly think that a Pinto/Herrmann combo could give the Twins at least as much offensive production as Doumit and better defense.

Willingham... I'd hold on to just in case he has a good first half. The Twins' recent history of holding on to guys to see if they can reestablish some trade value doesn't make me very optimistic about it, though.

#13 Craig in MN

Craig in MN

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

Trading either of them only makes sense right now if you are trading them for someone more overpaid. You aren't going to get a great young pitcher that is overpaid.

If you stretch the requirements, though....I think an NL team still might want them, and might trade an overpaid player in return. Pittsburgh needs offense. They could use corner OFs and backup catchers and first basement. They have defensively strong options there already, and could use bench bats for pinch hitting too.

Wandy Rodriguez is expected to pick up his $13 million option there, and Pittsburgh might consider him expendible. He's not under 26, nor has a K rate of 8, of course, but that is an insane return. But if he bounces back this year, his track record is good enough that he could garner a nice prospect like that at the trade deadline. Or else he would be fairly likely get a qualifier offer, and return the Twins a high draft pick which could be a pitcher, who would be under 26 and might have a good K rate.

#14 Wookiee of the Year

Wookiee of the Year

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

I'm going to break all the rules.

What about trading Ryan Doumit to the Washington Nationals for Danny Espinosa (2B/SS)? Espinosa had a terrible year, so bad he doesn't seem to be in the Nats' future plans anymore (they were shopping him in August), and his value could be low enough that Doumit might net him while being a good buy-low candidate. The Nationals could use Doumit as a back-up or even third catcher/bench bat (given Ramos' injury history, it could be good insurance to have), and there's even some interest in the Nationals online community.

For the Twins, we know Florimon can't be a long-term answer at SS. Espinosa is an above average defensive shortstop (his natural position) with the potential for 20-20 numbers, under team control through 2016, and his versatility in playing 2B suggests he could be a stopgap at 3B pre-Sano, too. Maybe he never ends up making his way back to the majors, but that's why you might be able to get him for Doumit.

Regarding Willingham, I agree with kab21, gunnarthor, and Boom Boom. He's not really blocking anyone, and his trade value is so low right now compared to where it could be that even if there's only a 25% chance he has a good enough first half to increase his value, you might as well take that chance.

#15 DAM DC Twins Fans

DAM DC Twins Fans

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'm going to break all the rules.

What about trading Ryan Doumit to the Washington Nationals for Danny Espinosa (2B/SS)? Espinosa had a terrible year, so bad he doesn't seem to be in the Nats' future plans anymore (they were shopping him in August), and his value could be low enough that Doumit might net him while being a good buy-low candidate. The Nationals could use Doumit as a back-up or even third catcher/bench bat (given Ramos' injury history, it could be good insurance to have), and there's even some interest in the Nationals online community.

I would be in favor of this trade. I think Espinosa would be a good fit with the Twins. I doubt Nats GM would make trade straight up--we would probably have to throw one of our minor league hitters (DJ Hicks??) in.

#16 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

I don't care if you break the rules, of course. I wasn't referring to pitchers in the majors. I like the names actually mentioned, including Espinosa.

It seems to me that holding onto these two is about winning a couple more games than otherwise. I am more concerned about winning many more games after 2014. This is done by acquiring any talent whatsoever to plug into the system and also by giving time in 2014 to actual players who will be around after 2014.

#17 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Basically I was thinking about A+ or so pitchers who strike out a lot of guys (and likely walk a lot, diminishing their value at the moment).

#18 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

I suggest we dig up the following:

Baxendale, 22, career 7.6 K/9
Duffey, 22, career 7.6 K/9
z. Jones, 22, career 12.6 K/9

Well those equivalents in other organizations would be potential targets. Adding more of those guys doesn't seem bad to me, clearly. I am dubious about more than one of these guys actually emerging, so if we can get two more of them that would increase the odds.

By "digging them up" what do you mean? None of these three gets past AA this year.

#19 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

Ok, I'll play:

Dellin Betances, New York Yankees, career K/9 10.1, 2013 K/9 11.6 (turns 26 a week before your April 1 deadline)
John Lamb, KC Royals, career K/9 8.5, 2013 7.1, turns 24 in July
Manny Banuelos, career K/9 9.1, 2013 n/a, turns 23 in March

Betances has terrible control, Lamb fell apart in 2013, and Banuelos missed 2013 with at TJ.

I think the 2013 K rate is a bad criterion. If they were good last year, Willingham and Doumit wouldn't net them. This exercise should be about finding guys who were very good a few years ago, and have fallen off track. Pitchers can take several years to put it all together at the highest levels, so finding guys with good lower minors track records should be the starting point.

Thanks for playing! Lamb is exactly the kind of pitcher I am talking about, though with good control. He is 14th on the Royals MLB.com pipeline list.

#20 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Concur with Kab. I don't understand the obsession with getting everyone with any history of major league success off the team.

Are you in favor of keeping Willingham and Doumit on the team after 2014?

#21 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Are you in favor of keeping Willingham and Doumit on the team after 2014?

Potentally, yes. I'm definafely not a fan of watching Clete Thomas types accumulate ABs in 2014.

But that decision doesn't have to be made yet.

Basically I am in favor of waiting to make room for better players until such time as those better players exist.

I am also a "buy low, sell high" advocate, so getting rid of players who have peoven in the past to have value, just for the sake of getting rid of them, doesn't appeal to me.

#22 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Potentally, yes. I'm definafely not a fan of watching Clete Thomas types accumulate ABs in 2014.

But that decision doesn't have to be made yet.

Basically I am in favor of waiting to make room for better players until such time as those better players exist.

I am also a "buy low, sell high" advocate, so getting rid of players who have peoven in the past to have value, just for the sake of getting rid of them, doesn't appeal to me.

Well then I respect that, certainly. Considering them beyond 2014 is interesting to me. I do think that there has to be playing time for players to be able to force the oldsters out though.

And you don't need to tell me about Clete Thomas. You do NOT have to tell me about that debacle.

Now I honestly don't hate the idea of Parmelee (learn LF, damn it)-Hicks-Arcia with Pressly as the 4th OF and Herrmann as the 5th. There's DH room there to improve the defense (best defensive alignment is likely Pressly-Hicks-Herrmann). At least this would give more data on who should be around long term IF Willingham and/or Doumit are not going to be here in 2015.

#23 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

I said some awful things about Clete. I don't think I take them back. Good guy with good defense, though.

#24 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

I will say that I worry about Willingham and Doumit basically becoming AAAA types in 2014. Willingham not being respected as much anymore = those walks dropping big time. Then his value is very, very limited.

#25 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I don't think we could get anything for either player. No way will Doumit bring back anything. Wilingham has never really had any trade value; even after his 30+ homer season. We signed him for 3 years at 7 million and he wasn't a hot name then. Why would any team give up a young major leaguer or minor leaguer for him? The conversation makes me giggle a little bit. All of these "We need to trade this guy for a pitcher" is insanity. No **** we need pitching. No **** our lineup sucks, so no **** any GM would jump at an opportunity to trade bad players for good you pitching. Ain't...gonna...happen

#26 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

With both Willingham and Doumit's ideal position being DH and both of them being horrible in the field, I am definitely concerned about what keeping them both means for roster flexibility next season, especially the way Gardy uses veterans (though I appreciated that he benched Willingham in favor of Pinto, maybe its a sign of things to come?). If DH is their best position and they don't hit better than last season, well....

The roster crunch comes in for two reasons. They currently prevent the team from upgrading a poor hitting and poor defensive outfield via FA or trade (unless they are involved) and by midseason we could see Rosario OF, possibly Hicks, and --longshot-- Buxton.

That said, they do have time to move one or either of them before that happens, but I'm at the point where I'd like to see them sign an OF that has a better track record defensively and offensively. But yeah, they don't necessarily need to move one of them yet.

#27 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

I will say that I worry about Willingham and Doumit basically becoming AAAA types in 2014. Willingham not being respected as much anymore = those walks dropping big time. Then his value is very, very limited.

Actually, Willingham had only 10 fewer walks in about 35 fewer games this year. His iso on-base % was higher this year. I don't think he'll be the 2012 Willingham again but he could easily club like it was 2011 and that would be a valuable trade piece next season.

#28 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

With both Willingham and Doumit's ideal position being DH and both of them being horrible in the field, I am definitely concerned about what keeping them both means for roster flexibility next season, especially the way Gardy uses veterans (though I appreciated that he benched Willingham in favor of Pinto, maybe its a sign of things to come?). If DH is their best position and they don't hit better than last season, well....

The roster crunch comes in for two reasons. They currently prevent the team from upgrading a poor hitting and poor defensive outfield via FA or trade (unless they are involved) and by midseason we could see Rosario OF, possibly Hicks, and --longshot-- Buxton.

That said, they do have time to move one or either of them before that happens, but I'm at the point where I'd like to see them sign an OF that has a better track record defensively and offensively. But yeah, they don't necessarily need to move one of them yet.

Since I'm one who doesn't care much about corner OF defense, my position on this is probably in the minority.

#29 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Lots of restrictions, but I don't see why this you'd eliminate half the MLB teams with this. Willingham I understand a little, but as a prototypical moneyball player, I think he can contribute to any team that needs a righty. The Phillies were brave enough to try Delmon Young, so I'm sure they would be ok with Willingham. The Diamondbacks could really use him to replace Adam Eaton. He'd be a reasonable upgrade over Ludwick on the Reds. The Mets and Pirates also could use him too.

Not seeing any matches for Doumit in the NL and I'd agree he's basically a NL only guy. The Yankees and Blue Jays seem like they need a lot of help there, so maybe we could get them to donate something to us.

I'm not completely on board with trading Willingham because I'm not convinced anyone on this team could be an improvement at LF or DH. Trading him for scraps after one of his worst seasons just doesn't add up. All it would be is a payroll dump for the Pohlad's. I'd much rather see Josh out there than Clete Thomas or Alex Presley. There just aren't many outfielders at AAA or AA now that could replace him unless you convert Rosario back.

Doumit can leave for all I care. We have Mauer and Pinto who are both better and Herrmann isn't much worse than him. He sucks as a DH, so there goes that too. We'd be lucky to get what we got for Butera by trading him.

#30 rcfarmer

rcfarmer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Here is my "find"

Ismael Guillon, threw more wild pitches last year than he had candles on his birthday cake.
[TABLE="class: sortable stats_table, width: 1"]
[TR]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]Age[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]Tm[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]Lg[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]Lev[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]Aff[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]W[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]L[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]W-L%[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]ERA[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]G[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]GS[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]GF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]CG[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SHO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SV[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]IP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]H[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]R[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]ER[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]HR[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]BB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]IBB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]HBP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]BK[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]WP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]BF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]WHIP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]H/9[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]HR/9[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]BB/9[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SO/9[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, bgcolor: #DADCDE, align: center"]SO/BB[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: full"]
[TD]2010[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]18[/TD]
[TD]Reds[/TD]
[TD]ARIZ[/TD]
[TD]Rk[/TD]
[TD]CIN[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].500[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.32[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]12[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]57.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]39[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]21[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]23[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]73[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]227[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.088[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11.5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.17[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2011[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]19[/TD]
[TD]Billings[/TD]
[TD]PION[/TD]
[TD]Rk[/TD]
[TD]CIN[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].333[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.57[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]15[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]63.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]78[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]57[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]46[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]46[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]61[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]13[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]308[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.968[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11.1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8.7[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.33[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2012[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]20[/TD]
[TD]2 Teams[/TD]
[TD]2 Lgs[/TD]
[TD]Rk-A[/TD]
[TD]CIN[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].857[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.38[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]14[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]75.2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]61[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]31[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]90[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]311[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.216[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.7[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10.7[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.90[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: partial_table hl, bgcolor: #FFFFAA !important"]
[TD]2012[/TD]
[TD]Billings[/TD]
[TD]PION[/TD]
[TD]Rk[/TD]
[TD]CIN[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].800[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.29[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]10[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]51.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]39[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]16[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]13[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]63[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]213[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.235[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.9[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4.2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]11.1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.63[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: partial_table"]
[TD]2012[/TD]
[TD]Dayton[/TD]
[TD]MIDW[/TD]
[TD]A[/TD]
[TD]CIN[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.000[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.55[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]24.2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]22[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]27[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]98[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.176[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0.7[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9.9[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3.86[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]2013[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]21[/TD]
[TD]Dayton[/TD]
[TD]MIDW[/TD]
[TD]A[/TD]
[TD]CIN[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].467[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4.75[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]27[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]121.1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]95[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]72[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]64[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]14[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]95[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]134[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]539[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.566[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]7.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9.9[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.41[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I know he is national league but he has a live arm.