Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Blog formatting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

Just took my first crack at creating a blog post. I simply copied source text from one of my Knuckleballs posts. The pictures didn't carry over, of course, so I went to insert them. I know there's an icon to "insert image" but I don't see a picture when I "preview" the post. Also, I don't see how you would add a caption to the picture. It's quite a bit different from our WordPress EvoLve theme, but I'll keep playing around with it. - JC

#2 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hi Jim, If you haven't, be sure to toggle the "Switch Editor To WYSIWYG Mode". When you upload pictures then, you'll get the option to change the size and add a caption. Try that out and let us know if that helps.

#3 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'm apparently too dense to figure it out (at least late at night). I have the Editor toggled to WYSIWYG mode, but I don't see any options to add captions or resize pictures. When I add attachments, they just go to thumbnails and a link gets inserted in the text, but not the picture. I assume there must be a way to do the captioning, place pictures left, center or right, and wrap text around the picture. It's just not what I'm accustomed to within our WordPress blog.
I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#4 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

When you insert the picture in WYSIWYG mode, you can double click on it to adjust the size and alignment. Not sure about adding captions.

#5 Kirsten Brown

Kirsten Brown

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

Copying and pasting from Blogger (in "Compose" mode) worked just fine, with a lot of pictures and all. I thought the font turned out to be a little small, but I think I can adjust it up before I publish.