Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

It's now been longer between playoff series wins

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

than it was from '91 to 2002.

That's very depressing.

#2 whydidnt

whydidnt

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Agreed. It's even more depressing when you consider that 2014 looks lost as well, and the front office appears content to pocket money rather than try to improve.

#3 Old Twins Cap

Old Twins Cap

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Promote that thought to the Front Page so the Gardy apologists can tell us, once again, why they think he should be rehired.

#4 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm a big Twins fan so let me respond to this thread:

I, ... I got nothin'.

#5 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

Old Geezer

• Members
  • 1,332 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

The lucky thing is we have a nice taxpayer supported stadium so we have plenty of money to stay competitive!
This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

#6 Rick Blaine

Rick Blaine

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

The Twins have virtually wasted Mauer's contract by not surrounding him with good players to make a run. The front office not just the coaching staff, needs a new direction and a clean slate. I would start there -- St Peter, Ryan, Smith, Antony -- the whole bunch need to go.

#7 ThePuck

ThePuck

• Members
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

The Twins have virtually wasted Mauer's contract by not surrounding him with good players to make a run. The front office not just the coaching staff, needs a new direction and a clean slate. I would start there -- St Peter, Ryan, Smith, Antony -- the whole bunch need to go.

Nah, let's give them another five years to build this thing, then see where we sit :-)
Just remember: You put the lime IN the coconut. Only THEN, can you drink it all up.

#8 LaBombo

LaBombo

• Members
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Nah, let's give them another five years to build this thing, then see where we sit :-)

At the very least, let's wait and see where we stand after we trade Buxton for a proven closer...