Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/18): Pitchers Get It Done

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ers-Get-It-Done

#2 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

I still believe that Baxendale can become a Scott Baker-ish contributor to the rotation in 2015.

That would be fantastic. I don't think he will have the Strike Out numbers of Baker as his FB doesn't compare. I personally hope he develops amazing control, and maybe figures out some kind of devasting change-up and become Brad Radke. Baker, Radke and Baxendale all are flyball pitchers and susceptible to the long ball...so...maybe Baxendale would fit in well at Target Field.

Darnell - He has pitched himself into the mix as an AFL guy. His Right/Left Splits are pretty stark so he looks to fill a Duencing type of role. But he has really came around nicely this year.

E-Town - I just can't stop looking at their pitching staff. Almost none of them can legally drink but they sure can pitch! Its a cool group to watch. It so different to watching them pitch compared to previous years where they had a bunch of college guys strike guys out every inning. With their age, we should see another 6 man rotation at Cedar Rapids next year.

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Darnell pitched in the AFL last year. It's unusual, but not unheard of, for players to go there in back-to-back years. (Herrmann, Parmelee have).

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Rosario, Landa, Jorge, Stewart, Gonsalves... not to mention Eades and Slegers. Some intriguing names.

#5 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

Ryan Eades has 11 walks and 11 SO in 11 IP - im surprised he is pitching so poorly. I expect college guys like him to come in, destroy the HS aged hitters and catapult E-town into the playoffs.
He needs to watch Slegers pitch or something.

#6 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

Just a reminder that tonight's New Britain game is on FSN.

Also, AJ Pettersen just tweeted that he'll be joining the Miracle for the rest of the season.