Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Target Field Menu

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RyeGuy

RyeGuy

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

is there a website that lists all the food available along with prices at Target Field?

#2 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

I don't think so. Some stuff is different prices in different areas of the ball park.

#3 powrwrap

powrwrap

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

I don't think so. Some stuff is different prices in different areas of the ball park.

Is that a change from last year? Because when you're at Target Field and logged into Twins WiFi they have a menu listed with pricing. Can't imagine the prices would be different if they are published stadium-wide via wifi.

http://minnesota.twi...s_locations.jsp
"Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

#4 StormJH1

StormJH1

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for posting the link, good resource. Food and beer prices there are brutal, but I think we all knew that going in. My wife and I have done Town Ball Brewery a few times because the concessions are basically the price of a sit-down restaurant, and it at least "feels" like more value to get there an hour early, eat, and have a drink. Other than a Surly, not sure any of the new items really appeal to me at those prices.

#5 Gernzy

Gernzy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Yeah the prices are a joke. Most of the time I eat before I go to the game, or go to Town Ball Tavern. I am going to try the Buffalo Mac N Cheese when I go to my first game later this month. Some of the other stuff I don't know.
I bent my wookie...

#6 CDog

CDog

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

it at least "feels" like more value...

The one thing I've found that actually feels like a decent value is the noodle meals from the Asian Wok (first level, down the the left field foul pole). I know this year it's been "re-branded" with Leanne Chin, and I wonder if it's the same food/amount/price. But in the past, you at least feel like you're getting a close-to-meal-sized portion for about the price you'd pay for something similar and Noodles and Co. or something like that.

#7 davidjcampbell

davidjcampbell

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

If you want real value and don't plan on any $7+ beers (and don't mind parting with some personal information) sign up for the Budweiser Good Sport program and you get a Pepsi.

#8 powrwrap

powrwrap

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Yeah the prices are a joke. Most of the time I eat before I go to the game, or go to Town Ball Tavern. I am going to try the Buffalo Mac N Cheese when I go to my first game later this month. Some of the other stuff I don't know.

I also eat before I go down there. Since they allow you to bring in water I stick a bottled water in the freezer an hour before I leave to go to the game. It's a shame beer prices are so outrageous. I gave up on having beers at the game years ago. Guess what revenues are fueling profitability?

#9 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

You guys need better financial planning. Yes, beer prices are high, welcome to pro sports but, if you attended 3 games per month and consumed 5 beers per game (a decent clip), it would equal 15 beers at a cost of $7.00 each for a total of $105. That's only putting a side $3.50 a day per month, I bet most of you guys spend more on coffee and donuts everyday than that. Where are your priorities, baseball and beer are a match made in heaven.

#10 deanlambrecht

deanlambrecht

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Generally I have two beers and no food. I bring in peanuts or snacks from Candyland. Sometimes I'll have something, though, and I'm a vegetarian, so my choices are limited. But in that vein, I've found this (not completely up to date but still very helpful, user updated) website that tracks vegetarian food at the different MLB and NFL stadiums: http://www.veggiehappy.com/venue.htm

#11 powrwrap

powrwrap

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

You guys need better financial planning. Yes, beer prices are high, welcome to pro sports but, if you attended 3 games per month and consumed 5 beers per game (a decent clip), it would equal 15 beers at a cost of $7.00 each for a total of $105. That's only putting a side $3.50 a day per month, I bet most of you guys spend more on coffee and donuts everyday than that.

Wow, I like your priorities--budgeting for beer! For me it's the sticker shock of $7.25 per beer. That's a six pack of decent beer at the store. Hmmm.. should I buy one beer OR six beers? And no, I don't spend $100 a month on donuts and coffee!

Where are your priorities, baseball and beer are a match made in heaven.

They do go very well together, like they will on Friday night in my man cave.

#12 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Townball Tavern is going to typically have better prices for similar stuff than Hrbeks or any of the concessions stands. It's a bit complicated as to exactly why that is, and I'm not really supposed to tell (I don't think I'm really supposed to even know).

#13 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

They do go very well together, like they will on Friday night in my man cave. Amen brother.

#14 Highabove

Highabove

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Major Market Food prices. We are a Major Market Baseba---------------- Never mind.