Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Hitters of the Month - July

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...-the-Month-July

#2 Lonestar

Lonestar

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

Romero is 101 days younger than Plouffe. How does his defense compare to Plouffe's? Can he play the outfield? Can he make Plouffe expendable while we wait for Sano? Should he be considered for the 40-man roster?

I know Kvasnicka is 24 in A+ ball. The question is: How much was his offense held back by trying to play 3B and catcher? Should he try that again? He might make a heckuva super utility player.

#3 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

I know I'm a huge Adam Brett Walker fan, but am I the only one who finds it amazing that he has 3 years of DI College ball and 2 years of Pro ball under his belt at the young age of 21. He accomplished alot in college as a young player (19 years old) in obtaining [Perfect Game 1st Team All American; NCBWA District Player of the Year; Golden Spike Semi Finalist; & Dick Howser Semi Finalist]. I agree - His Future is Bright

#4 TRex

TRex

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Why no love for J.D. Williams? He was on a tear at the beginning of the month in CR, and has already stolen 7 bases since his promotion to FM (w/ a .390 OBP).

#5 Joe A. Preusser

Joe A. Preusser

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

I know I'm a huge Adam Brett Walker fan, but am I the only one who finds it amazing that he has 3 years of DI College ball and 2 years of Pro ball under his belt at the young age of 21. He accomplished alot in college as a young player (19 years old) in obtaining [Perfect Game 1st Team All American; NCBWA District Player of the Year; Golden Spike Semi Finalist; & Dick Howser Semi Finalist]. I agree - His Future is Bright

REALLY hoping he gets a taste of high A this year so we feel comfortable starting him at AA next year. Very few guys are allowed to go right from low A to AA.

#6 Waverley Wildcat

Waverley Wildcat

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hey Seth, I know he did not hit any home runs etc. but James Beresford batted .351 at Rochester in July with 20 hits from 18 games.

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

Why no love for J.D. Williams? He was on a tear at the beginning of the month in CR, and has already stolen 7 bases since his promotion to FM (w/ a .390 OBP).

I'm a big fan of JD Williams. He definitely earned his promotion. He was an on-base machine in Cedar Rapids, and he has hit well since the promotion. He was definitely on the list to be considered!

#8 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

REALLY hoping he gets a taste of high A this year so we feel comfortable starting him at AA next year. Very few guys are allowed to go right from low A to AA.

If he moved up to Ft. Myers now, he would still start next season in Ft. Myers. Not sure why they would start him in AA. He could get there by the second half.

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hey Seth, I know he did not hit any home runs etc. but James Beresford batted .351 at Rochester in July with 20 hits from 18 games.

Great, and very fair, question. Beresford has had a tremendous season this year, starting with New Britain and now in Rochester. Fair or not, he had just 57 plate appearances. Although I try not to make that a huge factor, others did have much more than that. That's often a tie-breaker. He was also on the list to consider.

#10 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

What, no more "just missed" players on the list anymore?

#11 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

It will be fun to see Adam Brett Walker (RF) - Jonathan Murphy (CF) of the Kernels and Dan Gulbransen (LF) of the Quad City Bandits play against each other this Saturday. The 3 of them formed the entire outfield for Jacksonville University in 2012. For a small school like (JU / Jacksonville University) - they did a great job of turning out pro prospects. 2 guys on the hitter of the month squad (#5 & #1) for the Twins organization and the guy who was argueably the best hitter of the 3 in Dan Gulbransen for the Astros. Should be fun watching them play against each other for the first time. I read that Walker and Gulbransen were roommates in college too.

#12 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

Oh yeah - I forgot about Matt Tomshaw (P) for the Ft. Myer Miracle. He's from JU too. He was an honorable mention for the July Pitcher of the month. Go JU