Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Twins Farm Ranked #1

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:15 AM

Mike Rosenbaum over at Bleacher Report gave the Twins the highest ranking when assessing all clubs minor league systems post-trade deadline. Make what you want of it because it is BR, but it was fairly accurate. The site mainly gets mistrust because anyone can contribute, but Rosenbaum is a lead writer, so it's something.

Re-Ranking All 30 MLB Farm Systems Post-Trade Deadline | Bleacher Report

If you only want a brief look...
The Top 5 were: 1. Twins 2. Cubbies 3. Cardinals 4. Pirates 5. Astros

So every team is from one of the MLBs central divisions and 4/6 teams from the 2012 NL Central made the top 5.

#2 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

I think most commentators are going to be saying this. I've reading through Sickle's top 20 lists, and the big thing I've noticed is that virtually none of the Twins top prospects took steps back this season. Benson is the notable exclusion but his stock had already dropped pretty hard. Plus so far, this draft looks like they hit on a few higher upside guys as well. Time will tell obviously, but the farm looks very strong.

#3 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

I hateslideshows with the burning passion of a thousand suns. I will never understand how people tolerate this site.

#4 shimrod

shimrod

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

I hateslideshows with the burning passion of a thousand suns. I will never understand how people tolerate this site.

Amen

#5 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

lololololol bleacher report

#6 InfraRen

InfraRen

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

B/R is turning it around. At least on the NFL side, they've made some big name hires - so I'd assume they're improving across the board.
Till I Collapse

#7 Smcginnity

Smcginnity

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

Well, I think this is obviously positive. In my opinion, just another reason that they should have traded guys to keep the rebuild going. But, that's me. Our pitching appears to be great in the next 4-5 years. With guys like Lewis Thorpe, Landa, Rosario, Felix Jorge, Eades, Gonscalves, Taylor Rogers, Duffey, Summers, Meyer, May, Darnell, Albers, Tomshaw, Tonkin, Berrios, Kohl Stewart etc.

It's exciting!

#8 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Ten

Reasons

Bleacher

Sucks

#9 DBQ

DBQ