Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Miguel Sano's Home-Run Trot Leads to Week-Long Saga

miguel sano minnesota twins sano benched
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SoCalTwinsfan

SoCalTwinsfan

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

I looked at what led to Sano's benching and the future relationship between Sano and the Twins.

This also is not the first time that Sano was overly emotional following a home run. Earlier this year while playing in the Florida State League, Sano was ejected for yelling, "You might want to respect me!" into the opposing dugout after a long home run. This came after the Palm Beach Cardinals had thrown at his head multiple times, including the pitch before the home run. Last season, Sano's reaction to a tie-breaking home run in the ninth inning caused both benches to clear, but no punches were thrown.

You can read the rest of Minnesota Twins: Miguel Sano's Home-Run Trot Leads to Week-Long Saga at Yahoo! Sports.

Was the benching excessive? Are you concerned about Sano's attitudes? Is this much ado about nothing?
I have been an avid fans of the Twins since Kirby Puckett's breakout year of 1986 and have had numerous articles about the Twins published on Yahoo! Sports.

#2 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

Like what was said in the other thread, I'm concerned that he told his manager to take a hike when confronted about it. That type of attitude won't play well anywhere.

#3 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

Old Geezer

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Might as well trade him now Gardy doesn't like attitudes. Gardy will still be the manager long after Sano retires.
This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

#4 howieramone1406390264

howieramone1406390264

Banned

• Banned
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

Might as well trade him now Gardy doesn't like attitudes. Gardy will still be the manager long after Sano retires.

Who does?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miguel sano, minnesota twins, sano benched