Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Richmond vs New Britain

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 travistwinstalk

travistwinstalk

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

The Rockcats return to the field today going for a four game sweep of Richmond today as Jason Marquis makes his first start with New Britain and very well could be his last one with the situation with Baker. Here are the lineups for the Rockcats

1. Darin Mastroianni LF
2. Chris Hermmann DH
3. Evan Bigley RF
4. Deibinson Romero 3b
5. Aaron Hicks CF
6. Nate Hanson 1b
7. Pedro Florimon SS
8. Danny Lehmann C
9. James Beresford 2b

Heres to the Rockcats going to 4-0 on the young season

#2 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Just an observation: Despite the myth that Darin Mastroianni was going to be converted to a 2B (wonder who started that, and why), he has been playing the OF in games exclusively since he was cut from the MLB Spring Training Camp. So I think that we can lay that to rest about now...
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#3 travistwinstalk

travistwinstalk

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

yeah your probably right and after a shaky first and 2nd inning Marquis did a solid job today. Curious how many pitches he threw and if they are going to have him make another start with the Baker situation. If they don't bring up after the 10 days are up you are looking at Anthony Swarzak likely making a spot start which I think he would do fine with, But curious if Marquis would be cool with that scenario.

#4 Neinstein

Neinstein

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

1-1 middle of the 8th, Nice throw by Bigley to first and caught steal by Lehmann to second. can the 2,3,4 and 5 hitters put up another run?
"You teach me baseball and I'll teach you relativity. No, we must not. You will learn about relativity faster than I learn baseball." ​Albert Einstein

#5 Neinstein

Neinstein

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Goin' to extras.
"You teach me baseball and I'll teach you relativity. No, we must not. You will learn about relativity faster than I learn baseball." ​Albert Einstein

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Just an observation:
Despite the myth that Darin Mastroianni was going to be converted to a 2B (wonder who started that, and why), he has been playing the OF in games exclusively since he was cut from the MLB Spring Training Camp. So I think that we can lay that to rest about now...

I didn't start it, but I certainly perpetuated it. Lots of the TC media down there was saying he was playing 2B, and I had heard from others down there that he was playing 2B... but now it's four games in LF out of four games.

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Andrew Albers starting 2012 right where he ended 2011. He threw three shutout innings in this game.

#8 Neinstein

Neinstein

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Bases Loaded... out onto the 12th.

Edited by Neinstein, 07 April 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#9 travistwinstalk

travistwinstalk

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Albers is going to start Jeff Dooley said he will be starting Wednesday afternoon so a good start for Albers.

#10 Neinstein

Neinstein

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

New Britain loses 1-3 in 12.

#11 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Clearly the Rock Cats just wanted the game to finish there in the 12th.