Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Q&A with Antoan Richardson

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Christopher Fee

Christopher Fee

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...toan-Richardson

#2 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

His numbers are so amazing that despite bein a 29 year old retread, I cannot see how this team cannot give him some kind of a shot...esp with the leadoff problems they've had. This is an incredibly slow, base to base type team & they could severely use a infusuion of speed. Just dont know anything about his defense.

#3 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

Great interview, I hope he gets another shot.

#4 Dman

Dman

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

I like Antoan a lot and he looks perfect for the leadoff role. The problem is the outfield is full and he is not on the 40 man roster so who do we get rid of to play him? I think he will probably have to wait until spring training next year before he gets his shot. Sounds like a very intelligent young man with a great attitude. If he keeps playing at his current level he will make it to the bigs.

#5 jun

jun

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

I like Antoan a lot and he looks perfect for the leadoff role. The problem is the outfield is full and he is not on the 40 man roster so who do we get rid of to play him? I think he will probably have to wait until spring training next year before he gets his shot. Sounds like a very intelligent young man with a great attitude. If he keeps playing at his current level he will make it to the bigs.

He is not young anymore.

#6 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

DFA Hendricks to add Onto an to 40 man
Call him up for the 13th P or Parm or Escobar
Start him in LF w/ Willy DHing & Arcia to RF
After Hicks returns, they can semi platoon as Richardson's #s vs rhp are amazing

#7 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,207 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

I saw him play once this season for Rochester. He was the LF (Benson was at CF) in the near no-hitter game that Gibson had. The non-hitter broke by a very catchable ball at LF that he did not make an extra effort to catch. Just sayin'...

At this point he is probably 4th or 5th in the CF depth list behind Hicks, Thomas, Mastroianni (remember him?) and Parmelee. Thomas killed the ball in AAA and I bet Mastroianni would steal those many bases if he was playing in AAA and healthy.

Organizational Depth.

#8 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,034 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

I saw him play once this season for Rochester. He was the LF (Benson was at CF) in the near no-hitter game that Gibson had. The non-hitter broke by a very catchable ball at LF that he did not make an extra effort to catch. Just sayin'..

I've talked to several people involved who said he started in the LCF gap and it was a tailing liner to the corner that there's no way he could have caught.

#9 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

Suddenly this org has all kinds of CF filler