Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Your Hanshin Tigers Update

cheap shots emits hanshin strokes tsuyoshi nishioka
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Teflon

Teflon

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Attached File  hanshin_tigers3.jpg   32.57KB   34 downloads

Tsuyoshi Nishioka is currently batting .344 with a .415 on-base percentage for the 2nd place (14-10) Hanshin Tigers in the Nippon Leagues' Central League. He's played 22 games at second base, making two errors.

According to the Google Chrome translation of the Hanshin Tigers website, Nishioka "emits" right-handed and "strokes" with both hands. He's had one "Death Ball" so far, zero "Conjunction Killing Strokes" and 32 "Cheap Shots."

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

I don't think that anyone should be surprised that he's playing at an All Star caliber in Japan. From all reports, he is a very good offensive and defensive player. The mental side of the game completely got to him in the US. Now back at home, he's relaxed and playing as expected.

#3 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

I don't think that anyone should be surprised that he's playing at an All Star caliber in Japan. From all reports, he is a very good offensive and defensive player. The mental side of the game completely got to him in the US. Now back at home, he's relaxed and playing as expected.

Really? I thought his physical tools looked like a guy in AA, or career filler minor leaguer. Shoot, he didn't even hit that well in the minors. If the head-game made that big of an impact.... he rightfully went back to Japan.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#4 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Can we sue him? I still hope he goes 0 for his next 250 at is banned from the game.

#5 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

He's no Tuffy Rhodes.