Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Adopt a Prospect 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Anything about this so far?

I was wondering if people were going to get the chance to keep their player(s) from last year or not. For me, I would like to keep Herrmann, but not Koch.

#2 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Did not participate last year, but it probably would have been, um, someone who was really good.

I like Arcia. Anxious to see how he deals with AAA pitching.

#3 stringer bell

stringer bell

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 3,636 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

If there is an official list, I'll take Kyle Gibson. I think Gibson will be a Twin soon and will be good within a year.

#4 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Moderator

• Twins Moderators
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

I had good luck hanging back and picking Mastroianni from the dregs left over, so I'll probably wait until we hear the official word.

#5 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'd vote for letting us keep the guy we adopted last year... maybe give people a few days to speak up and claim who they had in 2012.

Regardless, I think it was kind of a cool idea and hope TD does it again. Could probably wait until a few weeks in to the season to allow players to build up a little bit of a stat line first.
I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#6 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Yeah. Actually I think these should probably happen a couple times a season. In the beginning and after the signing day for the draft so the new guys get followed in the season they signed.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#7 MarcusE

MarcusE

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I had always assumed that we'd keep the same players until they either made it to the bigs or washed out and then added new players each Spring and after the draft. Would like to keep Niko and Melotakis if possible.

#8 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

I had Hicks last year and would like to take May this year, I guess.

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I think we'll get through Opening Weekend and we'll announce something the first part of next week. That will allow people to select a player, provide a high-level report on the player, update us on how he's done so far, and keep that page updated with reports, articles, etc. throughout the season.

#10 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Is there any reason to start new threads for each player? The OP's are out of date but there is a lot of good discussion in the threads.

#11 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Is there any reason to start new threads for each player? The OP's are out of date but there is a lot of good discussion in the threads.

Some of those threads got pretty long. I'd vote to start new ones, myself.

#12 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

If you adopted a prospect and have not yet posted an introductory thread or updated the thread in a week, be sure to write soon.

#13 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

If you have adopted a prospect or two, we are about halfway through the season. It would be a good time to write up something about your player(s). Do a google search and see if there have been any articles written about him or interviews or any other interesting facts. If you haven't written for awhile, be sure to do so soon.