Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Oswaldo Arcia Out

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'm sure this has been reported several places, but those of us who are interested in watching Oswaldo Arcia this spring are going to have to wait a bit. He's out "indefinitely" with a pulled intercostal muscle in his left side.

http://www.twincitie...rcia-out-injury

Count Gardenhire as one of the disappointed:

"I did want to take some looks at him, and I want to use everybody and give 'em all a chance," Gardenhire said. "That's kind of disappointing because I wanted to see him swing, but those things happen. We just have to get him well now."

Update: In another story, Terry Ryan said Arcia is about a week away. So maybe he'll still have a chance to show the Twins coaching staff what he can do.

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Normally shortly after the minor leaguers report, which is in about a week, many of the players just added to the 40 man roster this past offseason will be sent to minor league camp. That was the case with Arcia a year ago. However, with the WBC and now this injury, I fully expect that he'll be in camp a couple of weeks longer. This certainly hurts as it is never good for a player to miss time, but the Twins know what they have in Arcia.